i Need A Quick Fix For A Leak In My Radiator

brentn

Aug 7, 2009
You need to heat it because unlike water, antifreeze will not evaporate over time. JB weld will do **** all if it's even slightly wet, in fact it will just come off like as if you had tried to stick a piece of cold gum to it.
I know this cause my friends rx7 had a pinhole rad leak when he came over on the weekend, temp was almost at the "H" cause pressure was lost and the fluid was boiling. Point being we couldn't drain it and tried to just jam JB weld in there and it didn't do anything, just fell off. In the end we had to get it as dry as possible, and then use blue RTV with strips of fabric layed in almost like a fiber glass :)

It worked and it got him home.

will0203

Mar 17, 2009
well there are rubber bushing type things on my radiator that cant be taken off, so i just put it under a heat lamp for a few hours after rinsing it out with water, my uncle who is a very good mechanic told me that it should work alrite

madmike90

Aug 3, 2007
will0203 said:
well there are rubber bushing type things on my radiator that cant be taken off, so i just put it under a heat lamp for a few hours after rinsing it out with water, my uncle who is a very good mechanic told me that it should work alrite

i would have to agree with him. but make sure you leave the heat on there for an ample amount of time, once you think its been long enough, keep it on there for another half hour or more.

Top Bottom