00 rm125

Feb 11, 2008
do any of you guys know how to make the air fuel mixture richer cause i think its running way too lean ...eg the header pipe glows red in a short time and when idleing the exhaust pops a bit and alot on deceleration its an 04 rmz 250 and i was wonderin on the side of the carb there was a black thing that you can twist with your finger is this to adjust gas mixture thanks
any reply would be helpfull

Cabot

Sep 3, 2007
Exhaust glowing red on four strokes while idling in one place is common. That question arises alot here.
Chances are the black thing adjusts your idle speed, not your air/fuel mixture.

Learn to read your spark plug, and that will tell you if your running lean or rich. There are some really good threads on that around here.

00 rm125

Feb 11, 2008
the thing is i just wanted to see if i could change the fuel mixture without tearing apart the bike to get to the spark plug its just out of my way :bang:

Cabot

Sep 3, 2007
The air fuel mixture screw should be facing down on your carb close to the bottom. (i think). If you have an owners manuel, or better yet a service manuel it should show you where it is. If you don't, I suggest you get a service manuel. Clymer makes some good ones.

But you don't want to be changing the mixture if its running fine. And like I said, its common for the exhaust to glow orange, even when the air/fuel mixture is right on.

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
00 rm125 said:
the thing is i just wanted to see if i could change the fuel mixture without tearing apart the bike to get to the spark plug its just out of my way :bang:

If pulling the spark plug is too much work then I think that you should consider getting a different hobby......

Rod

00 rm125

Feb 11, 2008
i think I am gunna get a manual for it i have bought a clymer before and they are great, i just havent had time at all to work on my bike latly with school and work :| but ill try this weekend

Isobareng

Oct 16, 2007
glow in pipe is common adjust your fuel screw to get max rpm from the low rpm to peak setting but no higher then turn down your idle screw to normal

hope this helps

D

00 rm125

Feb 11, 2008
well i took the spark plug out an it was sorta black doesn't that mean its running rich ??? i was told when there was popping in the exhaust when at idle you were running lean is this true cause it pops when it idles :coocoo:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom