I need to breath life into this Old Suzuki PE 250

Mudd Hammer

Jul 5, 2007
Old Suzuki PE 250 After market Stator and coil replacement

ok, just bought a 1979 pe 250 for a hundred bucks. Everything is kinda frayed on it as far as electrical goes and i took off the stator and the magnets were kinda broken. It has spark but its real weak, to get this bad boy running should i just go out and buy an after market stator and coil with high output and all that and forget trying to use this old junk? If so, can i just use any stator that will fit, like an older model rm stator? I want to get riding quick so please any advice would be awesome. Thanks in advance

Last edited:

kx125412

Mar 30, 2006
Forget it, re-sell the bike for 100 bucks. I did the exact same thing as you. Put 1000 into a 82 RM125 and it blew up in about 10 hours. Its not worth it, save your money.

Alwaysyama

Jul 8, 2007
You can tyr **** and when you go to **** look under motorcycle parts and search under or type in parts bike where you do the search under the motorcycle parts heading. I always find almost anything for any year and size of bike on their site.
Good luck

keefbikes

Apr 16, 2007
Parts are going to be alot, my old Honda was always in need of new pats and its resale value was nothing. Some times you can turn a profit buy parting out whatever decent parts you do have on e ba_ your choice.

mxdj666

Apr 1, 2007
sell it and get someting newr and easier to get parts for, it sucks spending all your time and money keeping old bikes alive .

Top Bottom