Status
Not open for further replies.

cr125ryan

Jul 6, 2007
So, I just got my new bike. As far as just driving in a straight line real fast - I rock. I can do that pretty good. I tried to ride a wheelie and I stood up, gassed it, and fell straight on my hind end. Made a nice grass stain though. Anyways, any good tips? How about jumping? What about that? I give myself 1 - 2 years to live on this thing... I think it's death in a box... but I do want to learn to ride it before I go. Help me.

olderndirtmom

Apr 28, 2007
Funny stuff cr125ryan. In the interest of staying your death box sentence-You may want to check that testosterone for a few days (wheelies/jumping) and do some reading.

A quick search of "training drills" produced these results:

http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/search.php?searchid=726929

This is just a handful of excellent material. In the last two or three months I've been around there have been many other excellent discussions that a search of the forum will turn up.

Rather than learning bad habits only riding "fast" and with your Y chromosome unbridled, you may want to practice some drills riding slow to learn to control the death box- figure eights (looking beyond the curve), clutch walking your bike, knowing when the right place to shift out of each gear is for that particular bike, hops, how to control your rear tire spin, proper use of front and back brake, etc. Someone more knowledgeable than me will step in here shortly with some further direction, I'm sure. In the meanwhile, start reading. Design yourself a program to master/practice three or four drills "slowly" each time you get on the bike. Plenty of time for fast once you've tamed both the bike and your Y. It's a skills sport, for goodness sake.

There are many good mx instructors out there. Some lessons wouldn't hurt you one bit. Good luck.

May 10, 2007
its true once you start learning the basics (turning stoping hills) the rest comes (bowl turns hill climbs jumps and if you must wheelies)

cr125ryan

Jul 6, 2007
Welp guys, guess what... Me and the ole death box took a trip to the track.. Yep, you heard right. "A trip to the track." While I can say, I was downright proud of myself.. I didn't do the best I could but I did clear all the doubles there, spent alot of time mastering the rhythm sections and getting used to that, I did a 55ft. tabletop... Ah, nothing serious but I was proud for being able to man up and give it a shot.. But my god, my boys need a little rest. I practiced everything today atleast 20+ times... Still much more room for me to improve, but what I did today was a solid start. Afterall, she may not be a death box... I was watchin' other people go around and to my suprise, all sucked terribly, I decided to give it a shot.. I knew I couldn't do worse then those kids... So I did what it took boys.. My introduction to this forum has been a success.. As far as searching goes, I forgot about it. Maybe I suck at using a computer too. Ah well, life goes on. Have a great day men!

knowiam

~SPONSOR~
Oct 17, 2006
:whoa:
Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom