I need your guys opinions...............

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Bottom end and small end bearings are complete and good. Cir clips are good. Then I would not figure what did that, except somebody lost the bottom end before. Them marks look exactly like a bearing pin. A cir clip would have a radius. If one of the cages let loose it would be random. And change your muffler packing.

Jan 27, 2008
Ok, just found another possible cause....Please let me know if this is a possiblity or not!! I was in the process of taking the packing out of the muffler and there is a long round pipe in the center (possibly the baffle?) well, this pipe not only had wasp nest forming inside of it but the ends were falling apart from rust! Could part of that falling apart have entered the cylinder head and made those marks on the top of the piston? Thanks for anyone's opinions...I am desperatly trying to figure this out!

Jan 27, 2008
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Not likely. The silencer hits right there at the top of " signs your silencer has issues"

Yes, I know that, I plan on either rebuilding it as well or getting a new one, I gotta get the time and money...(I spend alot of time kiteboarding as well). Anyone know where I can get a good discount pipe and exhaust from?

Jan 27, 2008
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Fleabay on the silencer. You can actually see the round pins in the slot on the big end of the rod? Don't they look like the damage on the piston?

Yes they do, but there is no play in the crank what so ever! Thats why I am stumped on what the problem is! There is no damage to the cylinder wall or crank that is noticeable.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I have seen both the small and big end bearings go with out issue to the cylinder, they get blown right out. Sometimes they are in the pipe or silencer. Head and the top of the piston tell the story. So someone lost the bottom, rebuilt it and threw the old top end in?

Jan 27, 2008
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
I have seen both the small and big end bearings go with out issue to the cylinder, they get blown right out. Sometimes they are in the pipe or silencer. Head and the top of the piston tell the story. So someone lost the bottom, rebuilt it and threw the old top end in?

So if theree is no noticeable damage to the cylinder, would'nt you notice something being wrong with the crank if the bearings were gone? I am not sure what the person did during the previous rebuild as I can no longer get ahold of him!

Top Bottom