MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
I finally got a chance to push the button to get my KTM 450 going. When I got it, the air filter was sopping with oil and the battery didn't have much oomph. So after a recharge on the battery and getting some of the excess oil out of the filter, EX/Caliber's heart began beating.

Frankly so did mine. It was personally an emotional moment, not because it was a new bike, but because this is the first time I fired up a bike since the Trailfest last fall. AND as far as I know I'm on the "other side" of all that's been going on with me for the past 1-1/2 years. So, firing up that bike and sitting on the seat made me feel renewed in a way is hard to explain. I think you know what I mean.

Anyway, the bike is awesome! I'm glad I went with the 450 instead of the 400 which I considered. The center of gravity is a lot lower than my old WR, and it feels a lot moer flickable. Engine braking is pretty impressive, although not as much as the Marlin clans' Husabergs. The ergonomics sure feel a lot different than my '02 250 EX/C, more "sure footed".

If all goes well with my 4 month checkup at Mayo Clinic next week, I'll be getting this thing dirty as soon as possible!

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Mark I look forward to breaking bread & tearing up some dirt with you this spring. EX/Caliber will be ready when you’re ready! I guess it's just about time to start The Second Annual CC “I'm sick of winter ride thread?” Once you get a bunch of mile on your new steed, let’s trade off and really critique these two fine machines. “My 470 and your 450” You think JR bike had engine braking wait till you give mine a ride.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Mark

Looking in from the out side I just want to say that you are an inspiration to those of us like me that fear the big "C" as I get older and because it has taken my father from me and I live in fear of it now. Good to see some one whoop it's a$$ and go riding! Enjoy that 450 for many years. Thanks for proving it can be done.

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
Mark - You didn't quit or give up and that makes you an enduro rider in life. The other thing is that you try and that should never be faulted. There is no end to what can be done if you put your mind to it. Looking forward to a ride soon with you.

Young Ted

3KDXXR2

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 3, 2002
Mark, enjoy that bike, why did you pick the 450 over the 400? Bill I can hear your daughter singing A-w-e-s-o-m-e. :)

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Great news Mark!!!

I share Freddy's sentiments...you are an inspiration and I look forward to riding with you this year!!

Mike Jr.

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
3KDXXR2 said:
Mark, enjoy that bike, why did you pick the 450 over the 400? Bill I can hear your daughter singing A-w-e-s-o-m-e. :)

I picked the 450 over the 400 because I'm going to be using this bike for more dual sport. If I was going to ride trail mainly, I probably would've gotten the 400, or I would've gotten a 250 and made it a 300.

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Thanks guys, it's a great pleasure to be a part of the MTR, you are all great people.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
MWEISSEN said:
I finally got a chance to push the button to get my KTM 450 going. When I got it, the air filter was sopping with oil and the battery didn't have much oomph. So after a recharge on the battery and getting some of the excess oil out of the filter, EX/Caliber's heart began beating.

Frankly so did mine. It was personally an emotional moment, not because it was a new bike, but because this is the first time I fired up a bike since the Trailfest last fall. AND as far as I know I'm on the "other side" of all that's been going on with me for the past 1-1/2 years. So, firing up that bike and sitting on the seat made me feel renewed in a way is hard to explain. I think you know what I mean.

Anyway, the bike is awesome! I'm glad I went with the 450 instead of the 400 which I considered. The center of gravity is a lot lower than my old WR, and it feels a lot moer flickable. Engine braking is pretty impressive, although not as much as the Marlin clans' Husabergs. The ergonomics sure feel a lot different than my '02 250 EX/C, more "sure footed".

If all goes well with my 4 month checkup at Mayo Clinic next week, I'll be getting this thing dirty as soon as possible!

Mark, that is such great news and wayyyyyyy cool that you are back in the saddle again!!! I cannot WAIT to go D/Sen with you and E.C. this summer.. GREAT TIMES LIE AHEAD MY FRIEND!!! :aj: ;) :yeehaw: :eek:
Congrats on the new bike!
Woodsy

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
You ought to think about dual-sporting the Six Days of Michigan ride this summer. They had a big turn out for the DS routes last year.... and great scenery up in da UP too!

Top Bottom