KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
:ride: yeehaw!

I finally managed to get back on a bike - and could (for the most part) actually hold onto the handle bars! Just a handful of runs up and down the drive way, but at least I was able to twist a throttle! My hand and wrist did OK - if I hold the bars wrong (ie allow pressure right across the knuckles at the base of the fingers - the MCP joints is what they are called) - hurt a bit - but I basically had to make it happen to get pressure in that spot. So for easy riding, I am ok.

I rode Mitch's MXC - that kid may have to fight me to ride his 200! I was quite impressed with it. Ended up with a Gnarly pipe on it (the one that was on it when we bought it was shot), and a 9 oz flywheel weight - perfect combo. Suprisingly tractible power, amazingly strong at low RPM.

Yep - this is gonna be a great summer for riding - my hand will be ready (or not!) by the time the snow is really gone, I have both boys bikes set up pretty well, my 250 is resprung (thanks Napper), and it has a nice new radiator (thanks Fred!).

Now...there is the small issue of all that ugly white stuff on the ground...I wonder how long it would take to shovel out the Camp Chaos trails? :coocoo: Hey everyone - BYOS (bring your own shovel), I will buy the beer!

Asrith

Jul 18, 2001
That is great to hear. I was laughing the 5 months thing, I must of said the same thing to 3 people today, I got to ride for an hour on the acreage here in creek and that used to have a track,but is all flat, but has some good sections.
It was awesome to ride today and although it was super muddy I found some dry trails.
It was the first time in awhile, even ridding alone sucks, and I had a good time.
Good day to day, plan on doing it again tommorow.

Glad to hear you are getting well KTM Mike.

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Mike, I'm glad to hear your twisting the wrist!

Maybe you all will need to head south to ride, there' s no snow here (at least for now).

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Thanks guys! I rode the 250 up and down the drive a bit today as well. Not quite ready to admit to the addictive nature of the 200 - but it is nice! In some ways, the low end on it feels better than the 250 does. Might be gearing, or shorter wheel base - dunno, but I can get wheelies with it easier than my 250! (and I am absolutely NOT a wheelie king like Woodsy is)

Sr. - now that sounds like some rehab! Tempting...very tempting

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Glad to see your wrenchin' and spankin' hand is getting better... But probably not as much as your good wife Sheila. Get those projects done before ROS!

For rehab, I'd suggest 3 laps on the Camp Chaos HS course with the 2-hundy, then the 250. Compare times, discuss amongst yourselves.

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
KTM Mike said:
Hey everyone - BYOS (bring your own shovel), I will buy the beer!

I'm there! :cool:

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
BadgerMan said:
I'm there! :cool:

I will email ya driving directions!

In spite of all the warm - woods is still 100% covered with snow. (a few exposed hill sides bare).

Now Smit Dog...I dare ya to say that to Sheila! :p

Lets see, I should get Marks KDX in the mix - 3 laps on each, then repeat 3 time. Yep if i can do that, the Loose Moose will be a cake walk!

3KDXXR2

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 3, 2002
Mike Glad to here your hand is getting better. Did you have to dodge the elk when you were out riding or have they all disappeared.

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
3KDXXR2 said:
Mike Glad to here your hand is getting better. Did you have to dodge the elk when you were out riding or have they all disappeared.

Thanks Curtis. The elkies have wandered off. Seems the come into an area for a while then move on. They browse off the under growth (like the shrubs alongside your house!!!!), then move onto greener pastures! There sure are some "elk runs" back in the woods though - would make for some wicked single track!

3KDXXR2

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 3, 2002
KTM Mike said:
There sure are some "elk runs" back in the woods though - would make for some wicked single track!

In my best Mr Burns voice "Excellent"

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
Bill - Sheila gets maximum respect way before spanking time. She's also as calm as can be when the flower pots hit the floor.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Hey Mike - It IS an answer to prayer to hear your back in the saddle brother!!! Keep up the good work - riding when you can - and maybeyou really will be able to have a shot of staying within one lap of me at the CC Harescramble this year - if I get invited... :ride: :moon:
Now, Neal, tell me more about the West Virginia idea...
Woodsy :ride:

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
Anyone can stay within a lap and even beat you - when you stop to harass other riders on the course and get in their way.

What a wonderful pest.

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Now as I recall dear Woodsy - I was within one lap of you (will have to dig through the offical Camp Chaos Archives to verify that....maybe it was 2), and that was with my 12 year old son and I riding as a team! And dont give me any home turf advantage garbage either - I have only riden that loop a few (hundred?) times...

Mark may decide to go it alone this year - so watch out! He will be gunning for ya! :yikes: (I should get Sheila out on the course with a flower pot to uh....equalize things! nah...she would never do that to her son :p looks like you will have to take Mark on fair and square then )

As to an invite this year....we will just have to see how the summer plays out... :nener: Hmm...just how badly do you wish to return?

Ted - he is such a pest isnt he! He is at least entertaining though!

Neal - WOW your first post here in eons! Thanks for the invite, but I doubt I would be able to make it happen.

2big4akdx

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
Mike, I always look around in here to see what you guys are up to.
Woodsy, Last year the Stephenson family, Creeper 9 and myself went down and rode some of the Hatfeild/McCoy trail system. Had a blast.A bit different than what we ride here in MI.
After hearing of our trip, a fella I work/ride with thought he would like to give it a shot this year. Unfortunatly, our situation at work has stopped us from making 100% commitment, and that weekend is coming up fast.I will try to make finale decision soon,and can let you know then if we are going. A little coaxing might help...
I did get my vacation approved for May, so it looks like I might get to ride in CO then.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
2big4akdx said:
I did get my vacation approved for May, so it looks like I might get to ride in CO then.

Oh well,,,, May is definitly out for me to do anything major anyway.. I have two kids birthdays, one Highscool open house and a Daughters College Graduatioin service in South Carolina all in the Month of May.. Oh well, doenst mean we cant get a ride or two in locally though!!!

KTM Mike said:
Now as I recall dear Woodsy - I was within one lap of you (will have to dig through the offical Camp Chaos Archives to verify that....maybe it was 2), and that was with my 12 year old son and I riding as a team! And dont give me any home turf advantage garbage either - I have only riden that loop a few (hundred?) times...

Mark may decide to go it alone this year - so watch out! He will be gunning for ya! :yikes:

And that was exaclty my point!! I knew you had your sons help last time!! This time YOU will be on YOUR own and GOOD LUCK not having the young blood top gunner on your ticket!!
Oh yea, tell Mark that I WILL expect a Curteous Camp Chaos Handicap (like ,,,, maybe I start with 2 laps in my favor???)! Of course, you will also have to keep YT2 off the course while all this is going on!! Its not your wife and her flower pots I would woory about - its people like Young Ted or LArry who are constantly trying to distract me while I am racing!!! A little story.....
We are in the middle of the now infamous 2005 Camp Chaos Harescramble. Everyone got the jump on me off the line (I was distracted by the Trophie Girls). A while later, as I was just picking up speed the Rascal on a KTM 250 4 stroker comes up beside me and asks if I want some coffee or donuts... I said "WHATT??".. he yells - GET OUT OF MY WAY!!!! Man what a nasty Rotten Sucker!!!!! So then I ride up the trail and rip into the field where some track layer outer decides to completely take away ANY chance of gaining speed on a KX500 by placing a bunch of real tight hair pins all over the field!! I see my buddy Larry over on the field picking up his bike.. Now mind you that Larry didnt really even wanna ride this Chaoutic mess and it wasnt until I had negotiated the race time down from 3 hours to 1 hour that Larry had agreed to even ride.. I remind eveyone of this becuase I was naturally watching out for Larry during the whole race..
Anyway, when I finally got up to Larry on the track I stopped to see what happened.. Come to find out he had ran out of gas and wa pushing up to te truck.. OF course, being the gentleman that I am - I volnuteered to help him get gas.. While we were walking the bikes back up to Sleepy Hollow (thats what I call where we had parked our cars for the night - Larry and I had slept out there the night before and I was still sleepy for 2 weeks afterwards because between the Elk licking my toes and Larry snoring all night I got NO sleep and nearly fell asleep during that reknown race known as the Camp Chaos Harescramble..).. Anywayyyyyy,,,,, while we are pushing our bikes and chatting we get almost to the trucks - actually we got to the Trophy Girls standing by the finish line licking their lips to kiss the winner of the race - and Larry announces that he is DONE and not going back to racing!! I stopped right there beside Connie del Solar (TROPHY GIRL) and said WHAT@@@@@!! Then the guy who was serving as flag man said "you really should get going cause your losing time... Soooooooooo, the moral of the story is - dont ride the Camp Chaos Harescramble unless your fully prepared to be tricked by Youngsters playing tricks in the woods and best buddies doing everything they can to keep you from bringing home a trophy!!!!!
OHHHH... By the way.... Young Ted if your reading this.. And anyone for that matter who remembers what Young ted gave me up there for a Trophy... (it was a Kitty Litter Pail).. I acually USED that pail this weekend to carry water to my well that I had to prime!! You see kiddies, even the humblest Trophy can become the most useful.. You know, now that I think about it I NEVER did get to kiss those Trophy girls.. PUCKER UP LADIES - YOU OWE WOODSY ONE
Get otta here Ted - yours dont count :moon:
Anywayyyyyy Mike..... I think you have your thought patterns backwards.. YOU were a handicap for YOUR son!!! Not the other way around :nod: and - YAAAAA - see ya at the Camp - and NO breaks for sore wrists - I didnt use my back as an excuse so you certainly can ride one handed :laugh:
Woodsy :aj:

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
I hope this means the trench in the cow barn is empty now. No doubt I'm wrong though.

3KDXXR2

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 3, 2002
Scott why would you pour kitty litter in your well :think:
You sure do strange things over there in Mich.This might be why you are having problems with your pipes.

Top Bottom