Motodad 393

Oct 11, 2002
Hello DirtRiders,
I got an incredible suprise today - Tim Ferry called my home and I called him back. We spoke for about 20 minutes. He is one incredible man! Today Tim said he finally got my message from a "friend of a friend" - he immediately called. The "mysterious friend" was a fellow TT'er whom sells items for the surfing industry - THANKS MY FRIEND!

We talked about the YZ450, San Jacinto Cycle Park in Splendora and my son. I was telling him how awesome the track is. He is scheduled to fly to Europe on December 3 for a couple of races. He said he would most likely not be able to attend my Son's Memorial race - he did ask how close to the airport the track was. Tim is going to send a couple of autographed riding jerseys to auction off at the race - AWESOME.

I asked him for a "Special Favor". I asked if he would wear some of the "Motoman 393 God Speed" stickers that the Thumpertalkers had made during the upcoming 2003 season? His reply "I would be honored - absolutely!" That means that my Son will be riding with the BEST in 2003 - "the Year of and for Tim Ferry !"

Fellow Dirtriders - Mr. Tim Ferry is an incredible, "Stand Up" human being. I will be BACKING Ferry #15 in 2003 - and I'll bet Garrett will be too!

See you at the race on December 1, 2002.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Garret just might add that edge to put Ferry on the podium enough to scare RC. Ferry has been among the favorites in our household for some time and this puts his status as a permanent. We will be sure to mention it to him and thank him when we see him at Minneapolis

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
It's good to hear a story like that!  If that's not a good reason to pull for someone I don't know what is.

Attachments

• m_lid.jpg
    m_lid.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 251

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Very neat!  I'll be rooting for Tim!

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Very cool. :)

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
Motodad, that is so great to here. Garett will be soaring with the best of them!

:thumb:

PS. Motodad, do you think I could get a couple of those stickers? I tried to get some on thumpertalk, but I accidently signed up on the wrong birthdate and it won't let me post. I can pay for postage or any other costs if anyone has one!!!!
Thanks!!

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
I've always had a soft spot in my heart for Tim Ferry after seeing him battle with the big boys a few years ago on the Noleen bikes, but now, with this he has gone to the front of the pack as far as I'm concerned! :worship:

This is what I love about the dirtbiking community.:)

326mx

Mar 25, 2002
Without a doubt this is the greatest deed I have heard of by a pro. Talk about a class act guy. I will search for the sticker when I goto the SX in Indy.

God speed Garret

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
Originally posted by 326mx
Without a doubt this is the greatest deed I have heard of by a pro. Talk about a class act guy.

I agree! :thumb:

I just dropped him an email thanking him and invited him to view this thread.  If anyone else would like to do the same here's his email address.

timmy@timmyferry.com

Truely awesome.

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Red Dog is the man! He's always been a class act. :thumb:

I heard he even gave his pants to a needy DRN moderator once.

Thanks for the email link, B!

Top Bottom