Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
That's right, I survived my 1st twister last Friday night. I had a PA set up at the On The Border parking lot for Cinco DeMayo celebration. At the same time I had 2 other systems running, one downtown Waco, also outside and the 3rd was in a big club for John Connaly. The City called the downtown show about 10:30 due to lightning and my crew tore that set down and headed over to help me pack up at 11:30, we were supposed to run untill 1am. We got that one packed away and both crews headed over to the night club where Connaly was finishing up. It had just started to rain as we hit the parking lot. This club is a huge metal building that seats 1375 people and it was at capacity. As we walked in the band hit their last note and we began tear down, Tigger was with me. No sooner than we had powered down the system the electricity went out. After several minutes it came back on and the DJ started back up. The rains got heavy enough to hear over the DJ and the lights started flickering. The club called it a night and told everyone to leave. Keep in mind that this is a night club with 1375 drunks in it. The power came back on and they turned on the big screen just in time to hear "take cover now, there is a tornado on the ground."

I have been through some pretty severe weather but my little 14 year old Tigger hasn't and she was scared. I tried to calm her but she just shook. I was afraid she was going to have a heart attack if she didn't calm down.

We rode out the tornado in the walk in cooler and managed to get the rest of the pa loaded in the dark and blowing rain. All the doors of the club had blown open and water had covered much of the floor but we managed to make it out un-harmed. Got home to no electricity and only a garage door opener to get in the house, lot of good that did. Tigger wasted no time jumping the big fence and breaking in the house. We were wet but safe. I had put our bikes side by side on the back patio on Thursday to clean out the garage. I came home to find mine tossed accross the yard while hers sat perfectly on it's triangle stand. It's amazing what mother nature can do.

Proxy

N. Texas SP
Mar 14, 2005
Chili said:
Glad to hear you're safe. Looks like even mother nature doesn't like KTM's :p

Hey, its not our fault she's jealous of the power :nod:

Glad to hear you're safe. I've never been through a tornado, but I always tell myself I'd like to seen one before I die ...just not RIGHT before I die.

Mudd Slinger

N. Texas SP
May 5, 2004
That sounded a little too close. One hit up here near VanAlstein (spelling close) and took out a few houses. I was at work. If I would have left early like I was planning, I would have drove through part of it.

Glad everyone is OK. Did anyone get hurt or was there severe damage. I never get to see the news.

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
thank goodness for miracles jeff and tigger. storms like that possess power that is hard to imagine until youve seen one up close. i was in a store when one grazed the roof and it plucked the ac units off the top and peeled the roof like it was a banana. i also saw a car get pushed up a hill with the brakes on. shopping carts were doing 60mph across the parking lot. some on wheels but most just flying and tumbling into and over cars.

Top Bottom