HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
I've been watching the site for many weeks now. But as interested as I am in the new 250 and 400 TE 4-strokes, I just love the looks of new CR/WR125/250 2-strokes.

Yes the MX 4-strokes will be 250 and 450, and there is some thought that by the time they get to the US the TE will also be a 450.

Last edited:
B

biglou

The only issue with the Huskys (Huskies?), is that their model year starts Jan 1st. When they say "2002 model", by God, they mean January 2002! It's hard to wait sometimes! I wonder if their sales suffer by releasing their new stuff so late compared to all the others?

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Wow, great looking bikes! I checked both profiles (TC250) and did not see a kick start lever. Could it be...............?

I really like the looks of that SM570R. Just think how much trouble a guy could get into with one of those! I wonder if you could license one? It does not look too legal in the photo.

KDXfile

~SPONSOR~
Dec 6, 1999
Badgerman,
I think they still make a dual-sport model based on the 570 engine.
The smaller engine models are supposed to come with electric start and a kickstart kit. (see other thread in the euro forum).

MxKid512

Feb 10, 2001
Badgerman, Yes it is!

Yup it's an electric start. I read that it comes with a kickstart lever that u can put on to work with the elec or w/o. It's up to you. The bikes have full Ti exhausts and are DOHC 4 valve configuration. I wonder how long Husky has been working on these. The engines are similar to the Yamaha's in the fact that they look almost the same. One is just smaller. I'd like to read a test on one, except that is like 6 months away:scream:

FlyingFinn

Oct 25, 1999
Husqvarna still has to improve reliabilty... Petteri Silvan rides TE 250 in ISDE and had lots of technical problems yesterday.. Without those Finland would lead the ISDE..

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
And maybe that's why Husky model starts later, it gives them a chance to beat the heck out of the new models at the ISDE and find out the weak points before they start selling them. And maybe not.

J_dem_Bones

Jun 23, 2001
They are sweet, when they are running. Steve Lamson has had problems in the Nationals here.
I have seen McGavran out in Lake Elsinore riding. He was flying on it too!! Of cource he was there with Emig(Which McGavran raced for):D

I like the way the Huskies look. I wanted to ride it, but didn't dare ask......:confused:

Top Bottom