I think the girls ISDE team is out

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
I was checking special test scores and unfortunatly Lissa never made it to day 2, Amanda and Heidi didn't complete all the special tests on day 2. These are unofficial results and may not be final. I hope they are still going to finish.

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
Fred, Lissa ran out of gas yesterday, missed some arrows (i.e. got lost) and got disqualified. I think they were going to protest (others got lost too, sounds like the marking might not be the best in some places) and I gathered she was meant to start today, but wouldn't qualify for a medal. I saw that today she didn't even start.

Heidi & Amanda I have no idea about as I haven't had a chance to check out cycle news, which is where I got the info about Lissa, but I did see they dnf'ed on the official results :(

Edit: from cyclenews:
The U.S. team lost another rider when Heidi Landon crashed out. She reportedly "hit something" in heavy dust, causing her to crash hard, leaving her with a gigantic bruise on her thigh. She has officially withdrawn from the event.

Landon's teammate, Amanda Mastin, is iffy for tomorrow. The remaining rider on the all-women's Dual Sport Club team, Mastin said she twisted her ankle when she hit a rock and crashed on a dirt road. She has impounded her motorcycle, but depending on how her ankle feels in the morning, she might or might not start.

http://www.cyclenews.com/isde/ShowStory.asp?HeadlineID=28

Really sorry to hear that but hope Amanda is able to continue. :(

Last edited:

KDXgirl

May 10, 2003
Thats not good for the girls.

I havent really followed the ISDE much, but I did hear today that one of Britains riders died during the event of an apparant heart attack. It is supposed to be really hot over there.

WR250Z

Sep 21, 1999
Women's team is indeed out....at day 2. Amanda, I believe may have broken her leg\foot and was supposed to have it checked out. Lissa ran out of gas on the beach and was pushing for a while until the pits caught up to her. Jettting the bike fat to save it in the dunes may have contributed to less than good mileage plus the gas was crap. Pushing in that heat must have been killer! She and others got lost probably causing her to miss the check.

Girlrider

Sep 1, 2000
My congratulations to the girls for going for it! Been then done that and I know just how hard it is. When I rode in France it was pretty darn good conditions. Brazil sounds harder. I rode the Scottish Six Day Trial this year in non stop rain and cold and I can tell you it is really hard to just ride that far for so long. I hope Amanda is not injured too bad!!!!! Next year girls!!!!!

Nicole

WR250Z

Sep 21, 1999
I'll second the congrats to the women's team. I know Lissa personally and know the hard work she's done to get to Brazil. Just a few years ago she was riding a boat anchor, leaky xr250, then went 2 stroke and take apart the womens class. Then the next year take apart the men's C class and managed to go B in like 5 races. Congratulations to the whole team and I bet it'll feel good to get back to 45 degree weather and some tight woods!

Lissa

"Am I lost again?"
Apr 28, 2002
Thank you for being so supportive of our efforts at the 2003 ISDE everyone! It really meant alot to have everyone at home cheering us on! Yes, Jonathan Seehorn was indeed a very nice guy as well as quite a few other particapants that I had the opportunity to meet. Despite my luck at this years ISDE, I still had a great time and plan to tackle it again sometime. Thanks again everyone!

Lissa, not Rob

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Congrats girls. Just qualifying and going over there is a huge accomplishment, and it's so inspiring to hear that more women are doing it. Kick ass job.

Congrats to Jon too! He's so nice. Made it a point to talk to the poor gimp at his fundraising party, so that was nice. :cool:

Lissa, I see Vixen in your sponsor list--do you have the new stuff? Do you like it? PM or email me if you don't want to reply here.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Way to go girls!!! Lissa, you just rock, woman!!! I am in awe of your abilities and your inner strenghth.

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
Lissa, the three of you are an inspiration. You may not have finished, but you gave it an honest attempt and that's more than most of us can even say.

It was very disappointing to read of you all being out, but mainly because I kept thinking of everything you'd gone through to get there & thought you deserved better.

I definitely think you can hold your head up with pride for what you've accomplished.

Congratulations and I hope the next time it fares better for you all.
Michelle

Lissa

"Am I lost again?"
Apr 28, 2002
Thank you again so much ladies for all of the kind words and support! It really means so much to me. Sorry for taking so long to reply ladies but I don't get as much computer time as I would like to.

Hey Michelle! I looked for the kiwi rider (Chris?) when I was down there but I never saw him. How'd he do?

Hey Firecracker! The VIXEN gear I have is the new stuff. I love the snug fit of the Vixen gear. It's not tight, but instead stretches when you move. Their new stuff looks really sharp too. The durabilty is superb; no holes, no tears, still looks new. The only problem I had was the inseam (33in), but that for me is a problem on just about any brand. I just got the next size bigger and that fixed it. The new stuff has very functional venting as well. The nicest thing about the gear that I really like is that it is form fitting and all of my padding and under garments stay put.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
I do like the looks of it. Does the sizing run true in the new style? Would there be room inside for big knee braces? Do you wear braces? If so how are the knees holding up?

Lissa

"Am I lost again?"
Apr 28, 2002
The Vixen pants have leather in the knees like Moose and now Thor pants have. Leather as a contact patch is IMO the most dureable stuff to date I've worn. No seams to split and no codura to rip, good stuff. I personally use some huge knee and shin pads that tend to rip out knees on my pants, but so far so good. As for room, there are some huge stretch panels on these pants (good for hugging curves and making room).

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
Originally posted by Lissa
Hey Michelle! I looked for the kiwi rider (Chris?) when I was down there but I never saw him. How'd he do?
Chris did well. He ended up with a silver medal. I haven't seen him since he came home, but was talking to his dad last weekend & he was saying how incredibly hot it was down there (guess it's up there for us) and that he's so happy to see greenery again instead of sand.

I'm hoping some of you girls will come to NZ for the ISDE in 06, as I'd love to be able to cheer you on & say hi. One thing you may not realise, is what an impact you're making. I've had a couple of friends come up to when the ISDE was still on, saying, "did you hear about the girls, it looks like they're out" - your results were being watched with interest. I thought that was so cool and a refinforcement that it didn't matter the end result, it was the entering that counts - something on a lesser level I'm trying to get my head around.

Top Bottom