I thought I had this red/green sticker thing figured out...but no..!

stevet

Jan 11, 2005
just when I think I have this firgured out....!

my understanding was that if you wanted a green sticker, that all bikes 2002 and older were green sticker bikes, regardless of them being 2 or 4 stroke. thats why I was looking at an 02 RM 250 because I wanted a 2-stroke...and I want a green sticker bike (I want to be able to ride in the summer).

the 02 RM I been looking at has never been registered, the owner road it at private tracks/riding areas, not state off-road parks.

today I was told by someone that if I buy that bike, being that I'm not the original owner, that if I go to the DMV to register it that I will be given a red-sticker. That only the owner who bought the bike new is the one that can have a green sticker. I tried calling the DMV but after being put on hold a couple of times, I hung up. :pissed: :bang:

I'm sure I will end up with a 4-stroke in the future but currently I want a 2-stroke.

any input would be appreciated.

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
No, that is not true. If the bike is 2002 or older, and is Federal certified(US model), it will be issued a green sticker. I have bought bikes from out of state on two separate occasions and have registered them, getting green stickers for both. Just a few weeks ago I bought a 2002 cr250. Registered it and got the green sticker. All 2002 and older bikes were grandfathered into the green/red sticker system back in 2003. Therefore, that 02 rm will get a greenie, as long as it's a US model, not Canadian or other country. Hopefully this will clear things up.

Top Bottom