firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
. . . and they seemed pretty nice. Great fit, and they were long enough (men's 28s and 30s are never long enough!). They are the Rage pant so they're the mid-level pant but aside from the lack of huge fancy logos, I didn't see any corner cutting or lack of quality. I can't wait to get a set. They only come in black and yellow but it's a pretty neutral color combo that looks good with pretty much anything. There's a picture of it on MX South.

I also have a set of MC Gear on its way. Pants, jersey, and gloves too. I'm excited. There are some pictures of it on the Debbie Matthews site in the race store section. It looks pretty nice too--I'm waiting impatiently for it to get here. Only thing is it has a lot of white on it, which won't last long.

Lots of women's gear now! I haven't seen the Fox stuff yet though. Has anybody tried it on or seen it in a store? None of the stores in my area have it in yet.

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
I can't find any of the new women's gear anywhere. :think Is it specifically labeled "for women" or "women's gear" or anything like that? Maybe I'm not looking in the right places. I was curious about what the pricing would be. It seems to be a pattern that as soon as something is for "women" it automatically becomes twice as expensive. :silly: This better not be the case with the new gear coming out for women or I'm going to be one pissed off WOMAN! :p

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
It seems to be out of stock in a lot of places. One nearby shop had a 8 but not a 6, and another had both. You could have them shipped down if you want. There was a picture of the MSR pants on the MX South website, under race pant, then women's. It's called the G-Rage and it's $89.

The Fox pants aren't in any stores here yet but might be in other areas. It's called the SFX and 360 jersey and pant, and is blue and yellow, and says for women on the tag or something, I think. They're normal price--$50 ish for the jersey, $140 for the pants.

The MC Gear is also about the same and the only pictures I've seen are on the Debbie Matthews website in the Store section. Bad pictures. Nice looking stuff from what I can tell, though, and it comes in red, black and white or blue and white (there's your red gear, Bbbom!)

AXO is rumored to have women's gear for next year.

I have a set of MC Gear and a set of MSR pants on order and on their way to me. Product reviews will be coming soon from Firecracker!

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Originally posted by firecracker22
they were long enough
I sure hope so! We’ll see. I’m tired of my riding pants looking more like knickerbockers! :eek:

Originally posted by firecracker22
One nearby shop had a 8 but not a 6, and another had both.
I wonder how true the sizing is. What size did you order if ya don’t mind my askin’? ;)

There was a picture of the MSR pants on the MX South website, under race pant, then women's.

Ah Ha! Here it is! http://www.mxsouth.com/msr/msrpntwomrag.htm I swear I could not find it there last time I looked. :confused:

The Fox pants aren't in any stores here yet but might be in other areas
Last time I checked with our local shop they didn’t have them yet. I just called and they have some now. Going to swing by there on my way home and try them on!

http://www.dmsports-wsmx.com/store_racegear.htm
Is it the picture, my imagination or are those pants sparkley?!

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
***I came inthe women's forum to post something, and this is close enough... I'm not peeking in your dressing room.***

Have you guys..oops, anyway have you seen the "new" Vixen" motocros gear specifically for women? As advertised in Dirt Rider this month- Pants... $150, jersey...$155. Oh man, someone knows where the money's at!;)

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
I'm not sure about "new". I just went to the site and they look the same as they were before to me. :think
I totally admire Suzanne for taking the initiative of coming up with something specifically for women. Personally, I just don't particularly care for the look and the colors that are currently offered by Vixen. She is definitely one to keep and eye on though and I hope for the day that the company with be prosperous enough (if that is her desire) to have more styles and colors available. :)

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Originally posted by gospeedracer
I wonder how true the sizing is. What size did you order if ya don’t mind my askin’? ;)

Not at all. I ordered a 6, so they are pretty close. I ordered a 4 in the Vixen--the 6 was too large.

Is it the picture, my imagination or are those pants sparkley?!

It must be the picture--my friend Mikki was demo-ing a set of the MC Gear and they were normal. Those run a tad large.

Tell me what you think of the Fox--they are the only ones I don't have on the way yet. I will try to round up as many other girl riders in my area as I can who are close to my size to try them out too for my product reviews so I can get as wide a range of opinions as possible. I can't wait! I've been at the window when the UPS truck rolls up every morning like a kid waiting for Dad to come home on her birthday.

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Okay, I tried on the Fox pants. I wasn't particularly fond of the color. If they are only going to come out with one style, why not something more neutral? Oh well, I'm sure the Yammie riders will like it. :)
Aside from the color (different shades of blue with yellow piping) they were really nice! :) The length is much better than the men's, for me at least. The size 7/8 was still slightly shorter than I'd like. The 9/10 had more of the length I like but were too big.
VERY comfortable and well made I thought. Did some squats in the dressing room; I felt they fit really well. Sat nicely on the hips. Good fit in the waist/hip/butt area. There is some flex/stretchy material in the groin and knee area, which add to the comfort.
Dang, if I hadn't just loaned out my digital camera I would have taken a picture of them. They were $139.95 at my local shop. Much more than what MXS is asking for the MSR pant. I'm curious about how the quality of the MSR pant matches up to the "Fox Girl" pant. Even though I don't like the color, I think I may get a set of this gear. I made sure to thank the Manager at the shop for stocking the gear. I would like to show my support buy purchasing some from him even though I'm sure I could probably get the gear for less elsewhere.

Last edited:

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Well, the MSR is the “Rage” pant, which would be similar to what Fox calls their “180” pant. They have less complicated designs and fewer big fancy logos. The MSR pants had a velcro strap instead of a plastic buckle, which could be viewed as a good thing since those plastic buckles can and do break. They come with hip pads. I think it’s just the less fancy line of gear.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
GSR:

I am really interested in the Fox gear... and have a few questions for ya (or anyone else too!!)...

Did you ask your shop to order some in or did they already have it?

Sounds like you liked the 7/8 (except could be a tad longer) but what size gear have you worn in men's sizes and what gear? (ie - I wear 30 in No Fear Electron, 30 in SoCal, 30-32 in Shift...)

Did they have the jerseys in stock too... do you think they run smaller than men's S,M,L jerseys?

That's it... we're going to Florida for a week long race (Winter Olympics at Gatorback) in November and I was thinking about getting some Fox stuff before then - just not sure about the sizing and it's not as easy to "try on" as men's stuff! :)

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Originally posted by nikki
Did you ask your shop to order some in or did they already have it?
Several months ago the Manager approached me and asked, if he were to stock the new Fox women's gear when it came out, would I be interested. He was asking the other regular female customers the same thing as well. I told him definitely if it doesn't come out in some obnoxious color like Pink or Purple. ;) They had a size 5/6, 7/8, and 9/10 in stock.

what size gear have you worn in men's sizes and what gear?
I have size 32 in my Thor, Moose and Shift gear. The fox sizing seemed to be similar to jean sizing. I have size 5/6 and 7/8 jeans. I didn't try on the 5/6 Fox pant because I knew they would be too short. I would say you you would probably be safe getting the same size pant as you get in jeans. (disclaimer, I'm only recommending this for Nikki because I have seen her before, this may not be the case for everyone)

Did they have the jerseys in stock too... do you think they run smaller than men's S,M,L jerseys?
Yes they had the jerseys in stock too. Unfortunately I didn't think to try any on to see if the sizing was any different. I usually wear a large because I like my jersesy big.

Good luck in Florida. :)

Last edited:

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
First Impression

Okay, I just got them on and tried them on again here at work. They seem to fit really well but I’ll have to wait until next week to try them on with boots, braces, shorts and kidney belt.

Good:
  • THEY FIT!!
  • Long in the leg.
  • Come with hip pads.
  • The knee area is one piece, rather than 5 different panels all coming together at the same place.
  • Stretchy panels down the side, above the knee, down the front, inside the leg, and across the back.
  • Elastic piece on both sides inside the waistband.
  • Upper front panel (about where your hip bone would be) is vented.
  • Full length liner.
  • Rubber strip inside waistband to keep your jersey tucked in.

Bad:
  • Fairly lightweight material—will it hold up?
  • Simple design (could be good or bad)
  • If you don’t run the hip pads, the velcro digs into your hip.
  • Only comes in one color.
  • Belt has velcro strap instead of fancy buckle. (could be good or bad—velcro doesn’t break, but it does wear out)

Last edited:

Mrs. Vixen

Feb 11, 2001
Vixen Price Error in DirtRider

There is an error in the Vixen Off-Road product feature in the Nov. issue of Dirt Rider magazine. The Price for the Vixen Jersey is $55 not $155. Good old 'typo'.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
I saw that. We all knew what they really meant though.

I sent in my Vixen review article to Motorsports News but I don't know what issue it's going in. I will send a couple copies to you as soon as I get them.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Well - I gave in and got the Fox stuff this past weekend. I called DGY just to see if they were going to stock it... and they said they had it there so I figured what the heck. They had already sold the 5/6 and 9/10 pants and the L jersey... so they only had the 7/8 11/12 and 13/14 and M and XL jerseys in stock. The 7/8 fit a little baggy (I usually wear a 28-32 in mens riding pants) but I figured throw them in the dryer a few times and they should be fine. The XL jersey had long sleeves - so I tried on the M and it actually fit really comfortable. The pants fit me better than mens Fox pants did - especially in the butt/back area and are very comfortable in the hips, thighs, knees, and legs. The color combo looks really cool on the YZ too. Will post some pictures soon hopefully :)

THANKS GSR for the input on the Fox stuff earlier - it helped!

Dirtygirly

~SPONSOR~
Feb 28, 2000
They carry the new Women's Fox Gear here in Spokane out at Westside Honda. I saw them there when I went to go pick up my new helmet and just had to rty them on, because I had some coming in the mail. I would have to asy that their sizing is pretty accurate. I ordered a 5/6 pant and a medium jersey and they fit me in the store, which added to my excitement when my UPS package arrived before race day. :) I was ready to go back out there and buy the gear on Saterday if it didn't come in. I like it it was comfortable to ride in. My jersey has become my new favorite shirt. :confused:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I thought that gear looked new! :)

Maybe next time I go to Airway Heights I'll be able to BS a little! I'll have to leave my brother at home :debil:

Dirtygirly

~SPONSOR~
Feb 28, 2000
Scrambles

Yeah, how many times have we both been out here and we still haven't had a proper hello! I'm Thinking about going out for the Turkey Scramble...but I'm not sure if I want to slide on ice again. Especially by myself...Firecracker take care of that knee! XR I hope your brother is doing okay.

Top Bottom