zookieman

Jul 7, 2003
Has anyone gone riding without studs yet? If any of you guys go riding let me know. I want to know as soon as the trails are thawed out. If you do go riding let me know were so I can enjoy. Me and my partner are planning on going riding the weekend of the 20th. Hey 2big4akdx where you working at these days?

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
OH believe me Zooki - when things are ridable here in West Michigan you guys on this site will be the first to know!! You know you can count on me for a report dont you?? It shouldnt be to long now as we are getting rain as I type this - of course, they are talking more SNOW for the end of the week - sheesh, you'd think ol man winter would get the message that he aint welcome around here!!
Sounds like you should have went down to S.C. with Fred T. - read his report - SOUNDS GREAT!!!
Pretty soon guys - REAL SOON!
Woodsy

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Zookie - you are far from riding up this way! I thought I might be able to mess around here at home sunday afternoon - found the snow way to soft, sunk in way over the axles - absolutely unrideable. I had to resort to the snowmobiles to get a quick fix. but rain today did a fair bit of damage the snow. Based on current forecast, it is going to be at least two more weeks up this way - if not longer. The only option might be on ORV route that is also snomo trail (packed down to a nice ice layer) - I may try that this coming weekend.

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
woodsy said:
OH believe me Zooki - when things are ridable here in West Michigan you guys on this site will be the first to know!!

Woodsy, Cedar's got to be getting close to being snow-free. How's it look? My bike is still in a million pieces, should I have it done for the weekend, or do you think I have awhile yet?

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
With screws, Cedar may be ridable this weekend but I have my doubts. 4 wheel drive quads have been on the trail and that can make it even more of a challenge - if anybody comes over to ride BE CAREFUL. The woods here are still with a good 8 to 10 inches of snow. Plus it is that thick heavy stuff that, like KTMmike said, is just not rideable. The guy I sold some property to was here yesterday and tried to get back to his land with a 4 wheel drive truck - he got stuck BIG TIME on the easement! I always go by my yard - when the snow is completely gone from it another week and we are good to go (still better have screws in though) - I am still pretty snow covered :( Depending on the weather (MORE RAIN PLEASE), I think another week may do it. Dont feel bad Mark, mine is all apart too - man that 3 1/2 inch Piston REALLY made me smile - not looking bad for WHOLE bunch of riding!!!
See you guys soon...
Scott

zookieman

Jul 7, 2003
Rain,Rain,Rain,Rain,Rain,Rain,Rain,Rain,Rain,Rain,Rain,

Rain,Rain,Rain,Rain,Rain,Rain,Rain,Rain,Rain,Rain,Rain,Rain,Rain,Rain,Rain,Rain,Rain,Rain,Rain,Rain,Rain,Rain,Rain,Rain,Rain, C'Mon RAIN!

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
And even more rain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hey, wait a minute, I live on 4 miles of GRAVEL muddy roads. Maybe I better rethink that even more rain idea!! Running 5 cars and me being the only gearhead in the fam makes car repair for the family a full time job because of these ruts!! Hows this, rain rain rain and then SUN SUN SUN come on SUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Snow? What is this snow you speak of? I finally got a chance to ride(really ride not putt around) on my new bike (purchased in December) this past Sunday. No studs. anything on the South side of a hill was still icy, but overall it wasn't too bad. Here's hoping for a quick thaw for you guys.

2big4akdx

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
I get to go back to work today, thank goodness! Had two weeks off due to sprained knee caused by a misguided leap off a trailer.I also look forward to riding again. Not sure when though.

Last edited:

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
woodsy said:
OH believe me Zooki - when things are ridable here in West Michigan you guys on this site will be the first to know!! You know you can count on me for a report dont you?? It shouldnt be to long now as we are getting rain as I type this - of course, they are talking more SNOW for the end of the week - sheesh, you'd think ol man winter would get the message that he aint welcome around here!!
Sounds like you should have went down to S.C. with Fred T. - read his report - SOUNDS GREAT!!!
Pretty soon guys - REAL SOON!
Woodsy
At this point all I'm looking for is soild ice on the trail! I can deal with the rest.

Top Bottom