MtRoseDirt

Nov 22, 2003
I have a 03' KLX 125 right now its a play/trail bike I just wanted to know if it could be turned into a race bike and if so what kind of part should i buy. i want to get a power core 4 thats about all i know what to get... Any suggestions ??? Thanks

FMFHonda161

Jul 11, 2002
That sounds like a pretty good thing if your racin, but most of the time, those little 4 strokes have a lot of power, so if you do end up getting that pipe, get some aftermarket stiffer fork and shock spring/s.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Have you checked where you are going to be racing to see what class you will have to run? Locally here that bike would have to run in the 85cc class or if it's a big wheel it would have to run run in the Supermini class and either of those classes you could spend thousands in mods on that bike and still not even be close to competitive. If it's MX racing your looking at getting into I would suggest selling the bike and getting a 85cc MX bike. I'm not sure of the classes for Hare Scrambles and Enduro's and such so there may be a class for your bike in that form of racing.

alcherny08

Apr 21, 2003
An 85/100 would be much more competitive and cheaper to set up for your wallet. There are currently 1 million and 1 mods available to your KLX125. Look around.

Red Rider 53

~SPONSOR~
Jan 16, 2003
If you get a pipe don't get a Power Core 4. Its all foam and no beer. After you bolt it on it will make your bike sound like a 450 but thats all it has, sound, no power. Get a Pro Circut T-4, those things add a ton of power to those little four stroke minis. You will get a ton more for your money if you go PC rather than FMF.

redrider100

Aug 17, 2003
yeah, with those mini exhaust systems from fmf you get what you pay for, and with the 134 dollar price tag, your not gettin a whole lot. The Pro Circuit does cost more but you definitly will get more noticable power.

Top Bottom