Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
October 18, 2002, Christy and I decided to finally take the plunge...again. We were married, the first time, on October 18, 1997, and married for 4+ years, with a divorce in January of 2002. I wont go into specifics as to why we divorced, but I can tell you, we both agree it was for the best.

We were married in a beautiful (chuckle) ceremony performed by a judge at the county courthouse with about 15+ other couples. Yeah, we did the group wedding thing. It was funny. It took about 3 hours (with a 1:30 wait for the judge) to get the blood test, the license, and the ceremony done.

When we went into the courtroom, there were about 100 people in there. Most were there to see their friends and family joined in the holy matrimony of marriage though. Some were dressed up really fancy and others just came from work where they welded and did other various tasks. Bo, one of the grooms that ended up being a witness for Christy and I, had blue jeans on with holes in the knees, work boots with mud all over them, and a hat (which he promptly removed once the judge entered the courtroom).

The judge came in and split the brides and grooms up into groups. Luckily, Christy and I both spoke English and had rings to exchange, so we were herded into the first group. It took about 5 minutes to say our vows with 6 other couples. Christy laughed out loud as I said my vows to her, and the judge gave her a "young lady!" look. After that was all over we were married and hurried back to turn in the license to be recorded.

This was the funniest thing I have ever been associated with. I dont want to knock it though, or hurt any feelings of people that might have been married this way. The first time we did it, we were in a church with 4 groomsmen and 4 groomettes, or whatever they are called, and about 300 people in attendance, so this really paled in comparison.

Looking back, we both decided we should have paid the extra 5 bucks to have the ceremony private and we could have had 4 guests there to witness us gettin' hitched again. :) But I can honestly say that I am now a polygamist, being married to 6 other women. :)

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Congrats to you and your wife, Milk!

I bet the fellas that promptly removed their hats when the judge entered had been in the courtroom previously. LOL!

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Congrats! My second time was simular so I understand completely. Have you got a kitchen pass yet? LOL!

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Congrats!
Scooter and I went the full deal, private baby! Yes, at lunch, took all of 20 minutes, back off to work. Same kind of thing, I managed a tire store at the time; was wearing a uniform, lol. Judge had to tell me to take the cap off though :) It really doesn't matter how you get married now does it? 20 years this September on a $20 wedding.

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
to paraphrase Dr. Phil " it's not how you handle the wedding, it's how you handle the marriage".... too many $25,000 weddings end up costing many times that in divorce dollars of money.
Congrats Milk and Christy.......... will Christy be riding a dirtbike?

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Congratulations! Your a great guy, I wish I had got to meet her.
She must be an angel! :p
BTW - Have you told her to watch for :moon: rises in darkened hallways?

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
Thanks to all! She doesnt ride, and DB's scare her now that I wrecked. Even before, she wouldnt ride. She kind of a girlie girl. :)

20 years for 20 bucks. I think you might just be the couple that had had the most "bang for the buck." Thats crazy.

Notice I posted this at 4am?? hehe We had such an "eventful" day, we got home around 3pm, then went to Chilis at around 445pm. We drank a couple of beers with my friend Michael, and then we all came home and went to sleep!! I was asleep by 7, Michaelk by 730, and her by 8! Im telling ya, that was nothing like our first honeymoon in Vegas. :)

Oh and Mr. Eeds, she doesnt have to worry 'bout the moon coming out, she has the pleasure of seeing "the Slap" a lot. :thumb:

Big Tuna

Nov 29, 2000
Congrats!!
We had the big wedding, and we both say if we had a do over we would have a very small deal, and put the money towards a tropical honey-moon with all the fix'ns. :yeehaw:

Crispy

Boss's Lil' Sis
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2001
Wow!! Congratulations you two! My best friend is in a very similar spot, married, divorced and now they are back together, hopefully will be getting married again soon. They did the court house thing last time, but I think they will do the big wedding next time.

I wish you all the happiness love can bring!

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Congrats, Milk! She sounds like a terrific person. (At least we know she has a terrific sense of humor.)

How did you manage to trap her? Did she lose a bet or somethin'? :)

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Great write-up, Milk! :confused:

Congrats (again) to you and Christy!

My step-sister's dad just remarried a few years back... I love their wedding picture - he's in a wife beater and a cowboy hat and she's in sweats. Priceless... :)

Best of luck to you guys the second time around! :thumb:

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
Hey, I doubt they do anything. I mean, Michael is single, Im not home much, they are always at least half dressed when I get home, they are always scrambling around the house when I open the door....HEY!! MAYBE TONY IS RIGHT!! :)

Last edited:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
:yeehaw:!!!!! Poor woman:):)

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Milk,
congrats on trying to make it stick.

There are two types of people in this world... the takers and the givers. If you can learn to give more than you take you will be married a long time my friend. :thumb:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Seriously, congratulations and best of luck. At least y'all know each other's faults ....
Just remember, they say marriage is a 100% / 100% proposition.

Tony

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom