I wasn't going to say anything, but...

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
since it's in my basement I guess I'll spill. Today I bought a 1995 CR125, she's a little bit of a basket case but the price was exceptional and I couldn't pass it up. God only knows how long it'll take me to get it running but I'm still pretty psyched about the deal :)

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
well if you'd look at it you wouldn't think it was a deal, but then you look closer at the excel wheel with talon hub, bills pipe and silencer, ufo plastic and one industries graphics and such and it looks a little better. The motor isn't in really good shape though, needs the cylinder rechromed, piston and rings, rod kit and somehow 1st gear is out of it. I don't want tos ay exactly how much I paid, but it's about half the cost of the excel wheel setup.

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Sounds like a deal, smb. Can you post a pic?

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
I'm afraid she's not very photogenic right now (ie. plie o' parts) but as soon as I paint the frame and reassemble I'll put one up :)

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
did someone ask for pics?
I know the quality is terrible, but it's about as good as I can do.
eV46390.jpg

6A15082.jpg

6B27281.jpg

6F82342.jpg

frame will have it's final coat of paint tomorrow, it's looking nice :)

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
an entire days work and I finally have something to show (crappy photo though)
Zh70104.jpg

I'd like to take a minute to talk about shop safety though, last night I was working on the swingarm and I had to forks stood up behind me, well I don't know what happened but they fell and cracked me right on the spine, be careful and make sure things are secure! :D

Top Bottom