I would like to thank that guy on the DRZ (story)

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
Well Im really bored at work right now and I figured I would post my thank you. I didn't know if this should be in ride/race reports but it's better suited here I think

Awhile back CanadianDave decided he would show me and Strach the pleasures of our first HareScramble:think

CDave told me and Strach that the parade lap would be useless and not to ride it, but did me and strach listen? Nada

So off we went to do the parade lap and I am following strach and im watching his technique and then he decides he is going to go for a sand sample, and what do I do? For some reason I fall down right behind him (What a bunch of goons we are LOL) Mind you we are about 10 seconds into the lap ;)
So we were playing around having little mini races and after about 40 mins we make it back to the truck, we didn't think much of it. A bit tired but ready to go. So we were off on the race and I am swearing at myself for doing the parade lap. I was already tired!! And our parade laps were our fastest!
So to make a long story short CDave was long gone, Strach was somewhere behind me and I didn't even know where the heck I was. I was so tired and sore by the second lap I wanted to go home, sell my bike, get rid of everything dirtbike related, and buy a gasp #****#
Yah how bad is that eh?
I got my bike stuck in about 4 feet of wet muskeg and I was glad that I had a excuse to rest. In took about 25 mins to get the bike out and I had enough! BUT 1 min from the finish line and my trusty CR runs out of gas! Sigghhh so I started pushing and I just could bare no more I finally got to the pits when I realized I didn't know where I staged, what truck we came in etc.. So I leaned my bike against a tree and stumbled around for 15 mins, I must have circled around this guy on his brand spanken new DRZ 3 times until he told me to ride his bike around and find the truck with my gas, But I refused:silly:
About the 4th time he told me to get my sorry ass on his bike before he threw me on his lap and rode around. LOL So I did, I could barely walk but his bike with the magic button saved me!
I was probably gone for 20 mins and when I brought it back he never even flinched. I asked him if he was starting to worry, he told me "No, dirtbikers are good people we look out for each other. And not to mention you left your brand new 01 CR leaning against my truck" LOL Oh yah
At the time this guy was my guardian angel he gave me a drink and gassed up my bike, I never got the guy's name he just said he was glad to help. I thought I was in better shape but that's where a H.S proves you wrong!

So after feeling like I was going to die, or praying I would.
Would I do it again?
Your damn right I would. I forget when it is but I am already getting ready for my 2nd H.S
So Strach be warned! I have already started the intense diet of coke and mars bars.

Thanks Cdave, Strach, and MR.DRZ(I bet you I would still be looking for that damn truck with my gas LOL)
I will be back for more this year.

PS if you are wondering why the greenies are on our backs so much, Blame Strach he cleared most of the trees in the forest with his WR that day;)

Last edited:

*william*

Jul 5, 2000
Good story.

Last year at his time I broke my arm real bad at the dunes. I waved down some guys in a buggy and not only got a ride back to camp -- but my bike ridden back, loaded up in the toybox with all my gear and they pulled the rig out of the soft stuff for my wife, who drove me to the ER.

Never asked thier name.

Like he said, good people. :)

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Yup, there's a reason ol' C-Dave is anti parade lap.........gives him more time to gobble down a coupla more pop tarts! ;)

Good story

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
Good Story indeed ;)

did Dave do the parade lap for the harescramble at dirtweek?
I did, but I know that I really coulda used that extra energy for the actual race, that and not getting lost on every lap :mad:
then again the two or three crashes probably didn't help :mad:

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
For goodness sake gsr I can't believe you just gave away my secret weapon/strict training regiment :eek: and on a public forum yet. A box of Pop Tarts is all that keeps me ahead of these two goons ;) I told them I was carrying a few tools in my fanny pack just in case, little did they know a 6 pack of Pop Tarts just barely fits . :p

David

Top Bottom