Icat or I-cant

+30

Aug 2, 2005
My gripe- 03 cr 250.(C classer trying for B). Notorious weak bottom, jet till your blue in the face- Mikuni tmx 38mm carb, many have tried the carbpartswharehouse kehin airstriker replacement and I did too, no help so back in went the mikuni. Here is where the Icat users were claiming -vastly cleaner jetting! and like any recent cr owner I jumped with credit card in hand. All the magazines praised it. Some said save your money on a pipe and get an Icat. I comes in the mail without an ignition cap-you have to unscrew your own and reuse your own wire on the ICat. Now comes track time. No percieved difference in throttle response, no percieved difference in "crispness" of the jetting at any point of throttle opening(some folks responded a slightly rich condition was cleaned up with ICAt)...So now I have to make an unnatural tight bend in my ignition wiring to get the unit to fit, worry about the extra possible failure point where the lead screws onto ICAT and still get no gains. **** here we come.Going back to stock setup, looks like you can only get the ign lead with a coil, another $50.Expensive mistake that ICAT. :bang: :pissed:

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
A.S. - varies
needle 6bhy38-74 2nd
pilot 30
main 410

vforce3
fmf full exhaust
75-90 deg
1000' avg.

low end REALLY gets with the program now
top end was and still is with it

oh yeah, 40:1 premium pump and spectro sx

since going with this arrangement ive had to put the stock needle back for high speed trail riding due to pinging from going 60mph with the throttle barely cracked but this is the setup for the track

+30

Aug 2, 2005
03 cr

thanks! Going to make fri a jetting/testing day(must resist the urge to just burn lap after lap) Ill start w setup you have recomended. I have a JD kit and also a s8 nozzle Id like to try-out. :cool:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…