icat,pants,carbs,jets

+30

Aug 2, 2005
1.Icat. $200, cant feel a bit of difference. Doesnt even start easier.(03 cr 250) :ahhh:
2.Answer 06 vented pant. Very cool looking gear-unfortunately the most uncomfortable nut hugging medival torture pants I ever tried on.Back they go,,,
3.Carbpartswharehouse 02-05 cr owners kehin airstriker solution to the mikuni pwk38mm. Kehin was downright dangerous on my bike jetting all over the place w/dead spots everywhere. No combinations seem to work. Still others swear by it.
4. JDjetting kit. A full day of changing needles back and forth from richest to leanest for my elevation and pilots and mains from this kit,and the bike wont stay running unless throttle held open bike wants to bog and die every time it comes off idle. I think its the needle taper, not sure. Back to stock jetting-its not crisp but it will idle and no dead-spots. :blah:

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
+30 said:
1.Icat. $200, cant feel a bit of difference. Doesnt even start easier.(03 cr 250) :ahhh:
2.Answer 06 vented pant. Very cool looking gear-unfortunately the most uncomfortable nut hugging medival torture pants I ever tried on.Back they go,,,
3.Carbpartswharehouse 02-05 cr owners kehin airstriker solution to the mikuni pwk38mm. Kehin was downright dangerous on my bike jetting all over the place w/dead spots everywhere. No combinations seem to work. Still others swear by it.
4. JDjetting kit. A full day of changing needles back and forth from richest to leanest for my elevation and pilots and mains from this kit,and the bike wont stay running unless throttle held open bike wants to bog and die every time it comes off idle. I think its the needle taper, not sure. Back to stock jetting-its not crisp but it will idle and no dead-spots. :blah:

sooo...your nuts are in a huggy bind, somehow you ended up w/ the only Mikuni PWK known to humankind and you keep forgetting to turn on your gas. Interesting to say the least.

Seriously, yeah the vented stuff from them needs to be bought a size or two bigger for regular/big nutted folks; the PWK from Keihin, not Mikuni usually works wonders but if not James Dean in my past experience will take the time to personally see you through your troubles if you are cool w/ him and just get ahold of him (plus from what I understand, he can get the stock Mikuni working pretty amazing)

+30

Aug 2, 2005
tmx pwk

Ha! You're right. How did I miss that one.??...Mikuni TMX, Kehin PWK. (D-)
Thanks for the tip, I think I will make the call to JD. Im just like everbody else, pay some money and expect instant results. Maybe another day or two testing combinations is in order.

Top Bottom