trout

~SPONSOR~
Apr 23, 2003
we are trying to work out the logistics right now.

Option A - Rent an RV and drive from SC.

Option B - Drive our own car and rent an RV or trailer at Dirtweek.

Did anyone ever get the final information as far as renting a "Pre-set-up" and ready to go RV/Trailer at Dirtweek. It would be nice to be able to just show-up and move in.

I can't wait to go! ...Myself, wife, daughter and 2 dogs. :uh:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
?
You can get a delivery and set-up to Cooperland. The charge for that service will be $200.

trout

~SPONSOR~
Apr 23, 2003
Which company is that again? Do they have their products online?

I wonder if I would save any gas $ if I drove my own vehicle from SC, but my explorer pulling a trailer doesnt get that good of mileage. It may just be easier to grab an rv here and hit the road. I'll fgure it out.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Originally posted by Okiewan
?
You can get a delivery and set-up to Cooperland. The charge for that service will be $200.
I spoke with Steve this morning and he said he MIGHT be able to do the dropoff & set-up to Cooperland and IF he could it would be expensive.

As for the Sunday pick-up and drop-off that is still in the air. More than likely they can do this for us for a small fee. It's just a matter of how many of us are actually going to rent a unit and make it worth their time to open on a Sunday to drop off the units.

I think the big thing for my crew will be the ability to pick-up on Sunday or early Monday and return the unit early on the following Sunday morning. If we can't do that then we might need to make other arrangements. Like tow 5th wheel all the way from California :scream:

So else who is seriously thinking about getting a unit from these guys and when whould you guys want to pick-up and drop off?

If I don't get something set in stone soon it's gonna drive me crazy.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I was going to but they are higher than most on their rental fees and then the $200 for just delivery and wanting more for the Sunday drop off sort of makes me think I'll come up with another plan. If there was some kind of price break since we'd most likely taking the majority of their fleet I'd consider it but as it stands, nope. Heck for $250 I can drag one from Austin and back and still have money in my pocket.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
We have the same problem. We can save a few hundred bucks by pulling a 5th wheel out there but then we have to drive 55mph for 1450 miles :(

Crispy

Boss's Lil' Sis
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2001
Thumbs, I talked to Randy over there and he said I could pick up Monday am (said I can call Saturday and verify that) and drop off Sunday for the small extra fee with no problems, maybe something I better get in writting...

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Originally posted by Crispy
Thumbs, I talked to Randy over there and he said I could pick up Monday am (said I can call Saturday and verify that) and drop off Sunday for the small extra fee with no problems, maybe something I better get in writting...

Told me the same but used the words "might and should".

Randy - "We SHOULD be able to have someone there for Sunday drop-off and you MIGHT be able to pick-up on Monday am if your unit is ready. Otherwise you can pick-up between 2-5pm"

I'm gonna firm something up this week for sure. I just hope that we can drop-off early (8am) on Sunday.

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
We went ahead and made a hotel reservation, just in case.  The Motel 6 up the road still has rooms for $38 a night-- less than $300 for the week. 

After seeing that we're going to be spending $200 in gas (one way), I don't see how we can justify another $900 or so to rent the RV. 

Crispy

Boss's Lil' Sis
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2001
I just spoke with Steve.... He can now quarantee that he will be there Sunday Oct 5th from 8:00-11:00 for returns. The fee will be $50.00. I will be asking for a count of people that have rented from them and who will be returning on Sunday so they know how many will be coming. Please respond in the Thinking about renting an RV for DW 03? thread. Thanks

Top Bottom