get2bill

Mar 3, 2008
Maryland
I'm building a home track for 14 yr old grandsons who are new to jumps. My first jump is going to a table top as follows: The table itself will be 5' high and 20' long, take off ramp is add'l 15' and landing will be 30-40' depending upon how much dirt I have left. I was going to make the width of the top of the table 12' (this is a single lane jump for 1 person at a time) but the amount of dirt needed for this jump is a lot (over 100 cu yds and i'm buying the dirt) . I'm thinking of making the width 10' instead and just flare the landing out to 12'. First question: Does that still sound safe? 2nd question: Looking for an idea for building a single with a landing or a super easy and safe double (that could be two safe singles for them in the beginning) but not sure how to build it. Any ideas from anyone? Much appreciated!

get2bill

Mar 3, 2008
Maryland
I'm building a home track for 14 yr old grandsons who are new to jumps. My first jump is going to a table top as follows: The table itself will be 5' high and 20' long, take off ramp is add'l 15' and landing will be 30-40' depending upon how much dirt I have left. I was going to make the width of the top of the table 12' (this is a single lane jump for 1 person at a time) but the amount of dirt needed for this jump is a lot (over 100 cu yds and i'm buying the dirt) . I'm thinking of making the width 10' instead and just flare the landing out to 12'. First question: Does that still sound safe? 2nd question: Looking for an idea for building a single with a landing or a super easy and safe double (that could be two safe singles for them in the beginning) but not sure how to build it. Any ideas from anyone? Much appreciated!
Come on guys how about some thoughts please?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
... 10' is plenty wide.
for the double, make a shorter table, let them get used to it, then cut the middle out of it to make it a double.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
In all seriousness, buy a goat. Ate you using a tractor to build with or a dozer? It really makes a difference when building. Making the tabletop shorter and cutting it out later is a sensible way to get going. You can add the removed dirt later on the landing and to reshape the takeoff.
If you are using a tractor, use extreme caution. A former top SX rider lost his Dad working his practice track with a tractor in a roll over! Check the the bio of Trey Canard.

Top Bottom