MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
I got the great idea to call Cruise America (800-327-7799)just to see what an RV would cost instead of a hotel. You can pick up in OKC or TUL. For the week, 9/30-10/7, the largest (30 footer) is $745. I believe the smaller ones are up to $200 less.

The plan is to bring the pickup and my trailer, then head over and pickup the land yacht in Tulsa.

Just a thought for those who are considering hotels. Get a few solo spodes together and this could be the way to go.

Ok, race gas. With over 100 spodes, we should be able to go through a couple of 55 gallon drums of C-12 long before we need to worry about it going bad. Since I'm bringing my trailer, and should have room, I could bring a drum, but I don't want to get stuck with it. Maybe if some of you could figure out what you want we could get the money together and pre-pay. Thoughts?

Hogwylde

Aug 1, 2001
I'd bet that if you brought a drum of C-12 with ya, you wouldn't be "stuck" with it. I'm sure if you sold it at cost or a reasonable markup for transporting, you'd be able to sell it all.

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
I thought about that and I may do it that way and just sell it at cost. Don't really want to make any money off the spodes, just don't want to lose any either.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Perhaps you should throw in a couple of cans of Avgas for Rich! :debil:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Race gas smells funny! Elk sleeping under stars on leaves.:D

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Originally posted by a454elk
Race gas smells funny! Elk sleeping under stars on leaves.:D
You mean, Elk sleeping under leaves seeing stars from smelling race gas. :p

B

biglou

With all the beans and bratts and "Frito Pies" that will be consumed, I bet 'Race' won't be the only funny smellin' gas that gets floated during DW... :scream:

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
""/ :scream: \""

GAS! GAS! GAS!

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
A 55 gallon drum is going to run $310 with the various taxes. Seems a bit high to me.

Race gas and leaves, smell like roast Elk :scream:

B

biglou

That doesn't seem like much of a price break. Isn't C12 about $6/gallon normally? THey aren't cutting much of a deal on a bulk buy. I am this close to making the jump to B35 if I feel I can get my jetting sorted out with some degree of confidence, so I may have my own RG at DW. However, if I don't make the switch, and I need gas, and I am certain that I will, I will be in for buying a few gallons from you. Then I'll get Rich to jet muh bikes for me...;)

Oh, and Jaybird: I got that! :) "Don and clear your M79A1 protective gas mask..."

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Who's Don? I've got a gas mask I'm bringin just for the chance of a unexpected gas release!;)

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
I agree Lou, that doesn't seem like a good deal. I think Utah gets to tack a bit on with their "race fuel tax." It should only be $5/gallon.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom