defo26

Apr 23, 2007
Well I left my bike in the garage for about a week and didnt ride it or touch it. Then I took it out and it took me like 45 minutes to start. So I thought it was just from it not being started in a week. Then the next day it took a long time again to start. Then when I finally get it started it like revs real high so I set the idle down low. AS soon as i put the choke in the bike stalls. I replaced the spark plug cleaned the carb and rejetted it to the right specs. Now the bike just wont sit and idle i have to have the idle up real high so it wont stall. Oh and the bike is a 2004 crf250r.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
defo26 said:
4 strokes have reeds?
no

How old is the topend? 4 strokes become very difficult to start if the valves get out of spec also.
What changes have you made in jetting? Do you mean you changed the fuel screw setting or actual jetting?

defo26

Apr 23, 2007
Does it mean I need new valves or just adjusting the valves? And If I have to adjust the valves is it hard or can I do it myself?

defo26

Apr 23, 2007
I have it jetted from standard to high temperature and from 0-2000 ft. above sea level. I also have the fuel screw adjusted im pretty sure they are all right because I ride like right next to the atlantic ocean.

Top Bottom