Flying Scot

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 13, 2002
Just in case I was able to go. This is last minute - Hey I'm coming from outside Philadelphia.

By 01Sep2003 I need to do what ?

If I can't convince my buddy Phil to go ( he has the trailer and the vehicle - no I can't buy Nikki's cool rig ) how can I get my Bike and gear there for minimal cost. Who can help ?

Map blast says 21 hours of driving is that realistic or is 30 closer the mark ( this may sway Phil  but be realistic for an F250 deisel from 96 ) ?

Little late for an RV but I can't find a link for renting them down there any more how much per day ( if it is above 68F at night I can't survive in a tent - Scottish blood ) and how do I get my bike to it.

Will PapaKeith protect me from Big Lou and Pred the fairy ( sorry I have Turrets syndrome ).

I can sign up for what - Answer for me and non suscriber. Ability level - Me, I can't keep up with my 7 year old (my son ) ie- no jumping but I have lights. Phil - oh!  crap landing on that rider below me looks soft - nerves of steel but skill of a B rider in your class.

Screw the apology Pred. :)

If I bring a tent is there room to pitch it ? How to do I feed my self for a week since I will ( if I don't get picked up at my door ) not have a car  to drive after the rental company truck incident 3 years ago.

I have one set of gear can I buy more there ?

In case I want to sleep all day where is the nearest beer distibutor. So I don't have to carry my beer in my rucksack.

As I think of more questions in the next 4 days til deadline I will post them.

THANKS for your help.

You may start now ! :thumb:  

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
First of all, relax.

There, feel better?

Here is what you need to do:

1) Register via Paypal;

2) Tell Phil it's an 18-hour drive. When it's your turn to drive, and he's asleep, change the clock in the F250;

3) Go to Wal*Mart and get a tent;

4) Don't worry about your riding ability, we all lie about our own;

5) Don't worry about food, I'll toss you the burgers that fall off the grill and into the coals;

6) Don't worry about gear because Thor is giving all of us new stuff;

7) Don't worry about beer. Pred says that you'll be able to drink much easier after he removes your front teeth.

Last edited:

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
You can rent an in town truck from ryder 20 bucks a day. Unhook the speedo (so not that many miles roll on it) and go A.W.O.L. for a week (not recommended BTW). Then you could always rent a ford ranger from budget (20 bucks a day or so + insurance). They come with a tonue cover, but I think you can remove it and store in the garage. Transportation issue all solved. All it takes is money :) You can eat at consision stand. Like I said, All it takes is money! Thirty bucks will get a tent at wally world. That and some old blankets and your set to sleep for the week.

At least if you get stomped by Pred the Wabulance won't be to far :)

Dapper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 25, 2002
Quit your whining and register. I only have one set of gear. Who cares just stand downwind. Pants can be worn more than one day just air them out. Jerseys who needs them. Sweat shirts used to work fine or long sleeve t-shirts. Need a place to sleep I've got a 10 x 18 tent with just me so far. I'm sure nobody will let you starve or go thristy. Don't worry about your level of riding ability I suck and there might be someone worse than me ( I doubt it). So like I said quite whining and register. :moon:

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Like Dapper said.

Just do it!
I only had one set of gear for my first Dirtweek.
Two years later, and I'm up to two sets of gear. After the first day, we will all be fairly ripe anyway.
Food? not an issue.
Tents? not an issue someone will offer you a place to lay your head. The generosity of DRNers is unequaled
beer? Someone is always making a run to the package store.

See you there :)

B

biglou

Scot-All you gotta do is pay your fee, send in your registration form and get yourself to Cooperland. Everything else is minor details. If you can briing your bike and gear, great. If not, you will still have a place to stay, food to eat, and beer to drink. I'm not kidding. Just get there and everything will work itself out. :thumb:

Most important thing is to get your money and paperwork on the way.

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
What they said ^^^ just get signed up and get yourself there. Its kinda like this, you have a problem with your bike, you are standing around talking to a few folks about it. You walk over to get your toolbox or borrow tools. In the two minutes you were gone 4 people started working on your bike and you either shove them out of the way or stand and watch as people with actual mechanical skills fix your bike for you..... pretty much everything works similar to that.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Scot, you HAVE to go. I was having my doubts of going as well, airfare and getting my bike there were huge issues for me. But with the generosity of the DRN'ers (unequaled, as PK said) I am now going. Thanks to Tree Jumper and Scooter1130 I will be able to ride my own bike for the week!

I only have one set of gear as well, although I may ask my brother if I can borrow his! I'll bring you some Febreeze to use if you fear scaring others away with your scent!

Other than that...just take everyone else's advise. That's what PK told me and I now have no worries.

Now get that waiver and registration form in and stop worrying before it's too late!

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
And one more thing...don't worry about your riding skills. Remember me at Paragon? Nuff said...

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Originally posted by Flying Scot
no I can't buy Nikki's cool

Awww... come on you can do anything on a bank loan! You can swing by Chicago and pick up the trailer on the way ;)

Like everyone else said - get registered and get you and your bike to Stillwater. Bring along a few $ and don't worry about anything else. If you need a tent - we'll probably have a spare 2-roomer that anyone is free to use.

Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
Originally posted by MrLuckey
What they said ^^^ just get signed up and get yourself there. Its kinda like this, you have a problem with your bike, you are standing around talking to a few folks about it. You walk over to get your toolbox or borrow tools. In the two minutes you were gone 4 people started working on your bike and you either shove them out of the way or stand and watch as people with actual mechanical skills fix your bike for you..... pretty much everything works similar to that.

I have seen that so many times There are people that actually know what they are doing that go out of their way to help. The most notable will be our very own fluffy bunny Rich. When it comes to figuring out jetting problems he is absolutely the best. And he is everywhere at DW

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Well figure out if Phil is going first. If he's not going how are your getting there? Flying? Driving the soccer mom van? :laugh: If you need your bike taken i might be able to help depending on what happens in the next week or so. Shawn was going to take his dad's enclosed trailer, not big enough for more than the 3 bikes i'm hauling and our gear. His parents are using it the sunday we are leaving so i dont plan on having that. His father inlaw has a huge dual axle flatbed trailer (16' or 18'). Most likely we'll take it as we'd have more room. If we do then i would be able to hual your bike and gear out. You'd just have to deliver it to Paragon on Sept. 21st. See what Phil is doing and i'll see what trailer i'm hualing.

Flying Scot

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 13, 2002
Yeah, I'm in. :yeehaw:

Will sign up after playing golf tomorrow morning.

Tree jumper if you take the larger trailer can you fit 2 bikes ? I told Phil I was going whether or not he was going to drive. He liked the idea of flying if he could get the bike and gear there. Of course you would have to tell us what cost for gas and transportation, that's a given you should be able to get there for free since your hualin'

I was overwhelmed with some of the offers - DRN people rock.

Nikki, I almost took out the cheque book when I realized the trailer was for sale as well, I only saw the post for the Truck last time. But I figured if I bought that I would be living in it for ever more. Sorry about your gear but don't worry RV6 says Thor is giving out free gear to everyone. ;)

I'm not staying with dapper 10x18 tent still won't hold my stench down. Already have a tent, thanks though Nikki.

Money will not be a problem I am Scottish. I will count my pennies carefully. Depending on Phil coming we will have a rental car / Van. If not I will be bumming rides. If we don't fly I'll be driving a Honda Accord down and it can be used for jump practice. NOT !

What is the expected daytime and nightime temperature for that time of year ?

Could I still get an RV down there ?

Is that Mars or is the sky burning ?

See you there Squeak and PK. :thumb:

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Let me see what i can work out with the trailer this coming week and i'll let you know. Here's a pic of the trailer. We fit 4 quads in so i think 5 bikes wont be a problem. Especially since Squeaky's bike is just an itty bitty one. ;)

DSC00221-vi.jpg

Flying Scot

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 13, 2002
Nice rig. Yeah that will do it. Going to use a tarp to cover it so you can't see the bikes come loose ? :moon:

I just sent my paypal through. Okay I said I'd do it tomorrow but I couldn't wait.Will check with Phil if he is definate and send the waivers Saturday. I wish the deadline was the fourth that way the holiday would not affect my mail.

I/We ( depending ) will have the bikes at Paragon on the 21st for delivery.

You are the man ! :thumb:

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
That was MRmxer that did the tire blow out thing wasn't it?
Great news FScot. Stoke that boiler and that engine up to speed!!! You are heading West!
There's gonna be a whole mess of Damn Yankees at this Dirtweek!!! :yeehaw:

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Originally posted by Papakeith
There's gonna be a whole mess of Damn Yankees at this Dirtweek!!! :yeehaw:

WOOHOO! For my first Dirtweek this is gonna rock! I'm so glad you can make it!

TreeJumper...Scooter said he can take my bike down so you can have the extra space, does this make your life easier?

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Good news Flying! When there is a will, there is a way.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Originally posted by Papakeith
That was MRmxer that did the tire blow out thing wasn't it?

Everyone did the tire blowout deal last year except Tailbone and SirReel. MrMxer had 1 RV tire and 1 trailer tire. I had 2 go on the pop-up trailer. An yes this trailer has 4 real tires.

Flying Scot

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 13, 2002
Sir Okie,

I replied to the e-mail with my address, sorry.

Sent in my registration / waiver ( or at least it's in the mailbox for the mailman to pick up ). I'm watching.

Phil will definately not be coming as some nice group of gentleman played soccer with him as the ball and blew his knee out last night down in Philly. :(

Tree jumper there will only be one bike to take. I will get it to Paragon on the 21st. When do you intend to arrive at Cooperland ? I will fly down to Oklahoma on Sunday and try and hitch a ride Monday morning early. Thanks again everyone :thumb:

Head of steam building !

Top Bottom