70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
If weather permits daytime ride 12/5/04

Anybody have any interest? The ride could be CC, White Cloud, HH or even Evart. Hell I'd even ride Little O?

Last edited:

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Not a chance. Let the hunters have the woods for these 2 weeks. At least during the daytime that is. The night is another thing altogether.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Gotta go with YZMAN on this one Mar.. Even my KX500 cant out run 3600 feet per second - man, those 30-06's are FAST ;)
Heck, even the thought of some goofy kid watching me ride thru the scope on his loaded BB gun gives me the willies :rotfl:

tall1

Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 1, 2002
YZMAN400 said:
Let the hunters have the woods for these 2 weeks.
Ditto... If no snow by December 4th or 5th, That weekend at Cedar Creek would work out for me...... :ride:

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
not yet Godzuki... I wonder if the guys at the CCC office could tell us when/if that is scheduled?

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
I e-mailed the fella that is in charge of the Grooming once. I wanted to se if I could get a shedule of when they groomed what trails. That way I could always ride on fresh smooth trails if I planned correctly. No dice. He wouldn't let that info out. They dont want us to know that. They would like to keep us of the trail as long as possible after grooming so the trail bed has a chance to settle and hopefully get some rain to pack it all down.

That is also why they dont do much trail grooming in the summer. They end to stick to the spring and fall. Those are the rainy seasons. They need the rain to help pack down the trail after grooming. In the summer there just isn't enough moisture in the dirt to make grooming worthwhile. Without moisture the groomed trail wont last more than a month before its all woops again.

And that is your History lesson for the day folks.

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
That makes a lot of sense. So, the less we rip on fresh trail when we find it, until it's packed down, the better it'll pack down and last.

2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
Yup, right on the money Mark. Was talking to Greg at this year's ROS pre-event work weekend and he was lamenting the fact when he was grading Big-O there was a pack of CRF450 that had the wrong tire and the single throttle position (WFO). They were "chasing" the grader pretty much just trenching the trail. Said the grading work he was doing "was a waste of time" & you really couldn't tell he even did anything once they were through (they being the bikes roosting up the place).
But hey, a guys gotta ride, can't be waiting for this or that all the time...

miScott

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Oct 19, 2003
I would be happy to ride the little marlin loop in Grass Lake though! :laugh:

BTW, Holiday Power Sport is giving free oil changes and giving away T-shirts on Friday.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
woodsy said:
Gotta go with YZMAN on this one Mar.. Even my KX500 cant out run 3600 feet per second - man, those 30-06's are FAST ;)
Heck, even the thought of some goofy kid watching me ride thru the scope on his loaded BB gun gives me the willies :rotfl:

I'm with you on this one folks! :bang: I just though the fire arm season closed on the 11/28 Wrong again. Lets try again :worship: 12/5/04 If weather permits. If anybody has any interest? The ride could be CC, White Cloud, HH or even Evart. Hell I'd even ride Little O?
Mi Scott The Hunters are out in force on my little loop.

Last edited:

2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
I'd like to do HH on the 5th. Add in Cedar Creek if time/conditions permit. Woodsy was alluding to a guided tour of both of these in a previous thread, perhaps I (we) can take him up on the offer.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom