If you think that your mother-in-law is bad.....

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
....she has nothing on my wife's God Mother!!!

Okay, I like this lady. She watched our son every other Monday for the last 6 months at our house and for that I am grateful. She is a little out there and I have grown to live with it. When she moved everything in my living room around, I bit my tongue. When she re-designed the plan for my kitchen remodelling, I held myself back. But yesterday was the last straw!!!!!

My wife e-mails me yesterday asking where the car seat for my son is. Her GM wanted to take my son out in the pouring rain because she wanted to get a bone for the dog! WTF?!?! That is nothing though. She called my wife back and said that she had to re-arrange my sons playroom upstairs. My son's playroom is downstairs. She was talking about the storage room that we use to put things that we don't want the boy and his dog to get in to.

So, I get home yesterday and she is acting all strange. After she leaves, my wife and I begin to see things. Things that really get us pissed! Let me list them....

1.our fancy rot iron candle holders are moved from the fireplace hearth to the top of the 10' tall book shelves. How did she even get up there?

2.she took everything.......EVERYTHING out of my sons room. There was not as much as a picture left on the wall.

3.she had cleaned his "playroom" i.e. our storage room. She took everything out of the boxes and put them in my wife's clothes closet and on out bedroom floor.

4. she removed the register covers off of the vents in my son's room, leaving a nice hole for him to drop is hot wheels in.

5.to top it off, he was still wearing the PJs and diaper that he was wearing when I left for work!

Needless to say, this woman will never watch our kid again!

To add insult to injury, she called my mother-in-law and said that she was going to chew us out for having knives in his play room!
IT IS NOT HIS GD PLAYROOM!!!!!!!

Thank God I am leaving for Florida tomorrow!

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Somethin' just ain't right. How old is this person? Maybe she needs prompt medical attention. Definitely don't let her baby sit anymore.

Good luck.

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
She is in her 40's.

The problem is, everyone in my wife's family is absolutely nuts! I could do a whole other flame on that alone. I feel bad saying that my son can't stay with them but come on, I love the little guy and I fear for his safety.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Man, this is a funny flame - the trick would be to go over and re-arrange her house for her - This is your wife's GOD mother insn't it ?! ;)

I have visions of 'The baby sitter', and 'fatal attraction' combined here - lock up the kids and the wabbits :eek:

Hey, give it a day or two, you may come around to her way of thinking, share the vision ......... er .... NOT :p

Last edited:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
The only time I've heard about rearranging furniture is the joke about Helen Keller!! We SHOULD start a flame on the in-laws! I can add quite a bit.

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
Ha ha, thats great. I'm not married yet, but thanks for telling me what I might be in for :)

She might honestly have a medical imbalance somewhere. Might want to check up on that.

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
Originally posted by a454elk
We SHOULD start a flame on the in-laws! I can add quite a bit.

Flame away Elk! I will add to this later...

Old CR goat

Sponsoring Member
Nov 10, 2000
Actually, I have wonderful in-laws---- they all live 1,000 miles away :)

My wife would probably disagree, since her's are only 3 miles away :eek:

Last edited:

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
Man I think she must have a few synapses misfiring. She would definitely be off my list for sitting. You are right , this DOES make me feel better about my mother in-law, she's wacky and makes my wife a little nuts but I don't think she's out of touch with reality.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Allow me to start!

We had to file a police report on my Mother in law because she made terrorist threats towards my wife and me.

My sister in law bought my 14 year old daughter 2 bottles of Vodka for Christmas this year!

My brother in law (18 years old) sold my 15 and 13 year old (at that time) daughter and son Pot so they could sell it at school!

My sister in law works at a Viet tea house wearing bandaids and a G and the madam bought her, lets say, "cosmetic surgery" for her 18th B-day.

My Father in law has been dodging the IRS for years and owes over a $100k in taxes and rips people off on his painting business.

More later.....!

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
After reading your stuff, Elk, and communicating some stuff with Thunder, I am nothing but thankful for my in-laws! I thought there was some goofiness on her side (none on my side, of course!), but you guys take the cake! :eek:

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
Mine are looking a little better.
I will post some quirks when I get home.

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by Old CR goat
Actually, I have wonderful in-laws---- they all live 1,000 miles away :)
Don't know if I totally agree with you on that one. Living far away means the in-laws come and stay for extended periods. Also, you can scratch one vacation each year as it's usually spent visiting the in-laws.

I saw my in-laws less when we lived across town. Of course now that I don't live in the sunbelt my parents don't "visit" for three months during the winter.

Darn glad I don't have elk's in-laws though! ;)

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Elk, That has got to be the most screwed up family I've ever heard of (sorry). How do you keep from arresting all of them??

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Thunder man, I can't believe your patience. I would have flipped when she first messed with my living room. :scream:

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Dang, Elk! That is one seriously screwed-up family. I guess that makes you the normal one??? :scream:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I could probably keep my work load pretty busy with just arrests of my in laws!!

One of my brother in laws doesn't work and probably never will because he was electrocuted by a 500volt panel, he's not quite the same anymore.

The other Brother in law has a restraining order on him and has an "alcohol abuse" problem.

My uncle in law just got out of prison for attemp murder because he shot his daughters boyfriend and my wife's real dad shot a guy that was leaning on his truck!

That about covers it, I think, and the funny thing, it's all true!! Now you guys know the whole story of the elk, well, at least the in law side. You don't want to hear the Italian Hell's Kitchen, Mom's boss shot in the back of the head, side!

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
There's a Farrelly brothers movie in your future, Elk. Have you considered writing a script?

"There's Something About Elk's Family"

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I thought of the book thing but nobody would believe me!!

Top Bottom