if you wanna ski/board while you're here

velosapiens

Mar 18, 2002
barring any miraculous software biz recovery, i'll be driving a snowcat at northstar (nice resort with killer tree skiing), and i'll have a couple handfuls of halfprice lift ticket vouchers, which should end up costing you about 28 bucks or something for an allday adult ticket. northstar is just outside of truckee, about 40 mins from downtown reno. unless EVERYONE wants to go, i should be able to scrounge enough vouchers for anyone who wants, so if you're interested, plan to bring your ski/board gear as well.

-mark

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Very cool Mark. :thumb: I'll take ya up on 2 vouchers. I think there are about 6 of us that are planning on skiing on Friday.

BTW - Can I take the snowcat spin ;)

bratt

Pain in da butt
Mar 22, 2002
SWEET! I'm in for two if you don't mind.

B

biglou

A bunch of us MidWesterners were talking about maybe boarding Friday afternoon. Not sure if it will materialize or not, but there's probably going to me too many of us if we go, and we'll probably go on the spur of the moment. Anywho, it should be funny if we go. Tony's gonna be camera man, and I'm definitely wearing the Asterisks! :aj: And Jenny will probably whoop ass on all of us just like on the track... :confused:

blackhawk468

President of Bling
N. Texas SP
Nov 3, 2000
I'm in for boarding!!! Count me in for one voucher. Thanks!

I dont' have board gear, do they rent? I might be able to borrow a board from one of my friends if not...

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Jenny's one of those warm-weather types, she might not know what to do . . . jk!!! I'm sure she'll pick it up much faster than I did.

I might have some spare gloves but that's it, I don't even have spare pants anymore. I grew out of most of my old stuff and my second pair of pants got ripped off at the ski hill last year. I might see if Keith has some extra coats/pants or whatever.

Lou, I wore my Asterisks all last season--they work great in the snow! We probably went 10-12 times from Jan until April and my bad leg never even got very sore.

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
Mark can you hold one for me? If Big Lou is gonna board I gotta see it.......

I'll volunteer to carry the camera - I'll be on ski's. Otherwise I'll board.

Brian

velosapiens

Mar 18, 2002
they do rent, and there are a billion other places that rent in truckee and reno. i forgot to mention, the coupons won't be good on saturday (if it's like last year), but the other days of the week, like friday, for example, will work. i'll hand out vouchers in person, or i'll think of something else at the last minute (will-call?) so that none of them get wasted on creepy old stalkers or anything.
-marlk

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Originally posted by bbbom

Hmm, I don't remember hearing THAT story!!! :scream: :)

Poor choice of words on my part . . . ripped off = stolen.

Too bad, that would be a great story.

gnarlykaw

Sponsoring Member
May 20, 2001
Now I gotta bring my skis too!? I dont have enough arm space for all this!
I mean, bikes, blenders, booze...................... I'll rent!

Weidman

Dec 3, 2003
Can I get two of those lift tickets? I won't mind combining the weekend with riding and boarding. My e-mail is jimdogsr1@yahoo.com, or jimmydanielle@comcast.net. Thanks.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Are there any lift tickets still available? Now that I've decided last minute to come on this trip, I'd LOVE to join everyone on the mountain!

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Hi Mark,

I was the first to reply to your kind offer for the 1/2 off vouchers at North Star and was wonder if the offer is still on the table. If so my girlfriend and I will be arriving Thursday around 9pm and would like to Ski on Friday. What would be the arragements to get my grubby hands on the vouchers?

Thanks again,

Thumbs
Da Rat
Tony

I'll answer to any of the above names :)

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Yes, I would like to know more about the arrangements if possible as well. Thanks!

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Hey all, it seems that our little Dallas gal (Jen$lingJen) and our little noreaster (Skweeks) are both wanting to go boarding Friday. They will both be looking for rides from the Peppermill. Anyone have room for a couple of hotties?

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
I think my 2 open spaces are spoken for (squeakygirl & ??). If for some reason that changes I'll have room for the 2 hotties.

There is a shuttle from the Peppermill to Northstar Ski Resort that leaves the hotel 7:30am. Leaves Northstar about 4:30pm returning to the Peppermill.

Mark - Any word on thoses vouchers?

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
thumbs said:
It's settled then. I'll take the 2 hotties along with the one that I already have.

:yeehaw:

Top Bottom