Y2Z

~SPONSOR~
Apr 6, 2002
hey guys, when looking over my 02 yz125 i noticed that there was some water coming from the ignition cover, i took it off and to my suprise there was a sort of vent or somthing like that. there was a bit of water and a little sand in there(i ride alot of sand tracks). I wanted to seal this off but not sure if i should because it was probably put there for a reason. Could i buy an aftermarket cover from like pro circuit that would seal it?

thanks.

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
YZ, I dont think this is a big deal. When you say "going over" do you mean "washing the bike?"

I have occasionally found small amounts of water and dirt under my ignition cover. I just clean it out and move on. This area is vented. If a pressure washer hits it just right, it is going to get wet.

I think a total seal in this area would be a mistake.

Y2Z

~SPONSOR~
Apr 6, 2002
ok thanks, i didnt think it would affect it since it was all electronic. and i meant by going over i meant checking making sure everything was fine after a big ride and a wash.

Peer Lovell

Nov 25, 1999
You should remove the cover after every washing anyway. Spray a shot of contact cleaner in there then a shot of WD40.
Condensation will often build up behind the cover even if you don't wash the bike.

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
Would the mag cover really do much? I think the moisture is condensation from the heating and cooling of the area. The mag cover sounds like it might make the situation worse....

Top Bottom