Y2Z

~SPONSOR~
Apr 6, 2002
hey guys, when looking over my 02 yz125 i noticed that there was some water coming from the ignition cover, i took it off and to my suprise there was a sort of vent or somthing like that. there was a bit of water and a little sand in there(i ride alot of sand tracks). I wanted to seal this off but not sure if i should because it was probably put there for a reason. Could i buy an aftermarket cover from like pro circuit that would seal it?

thanks.

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
YZ, I dont think this is a big deal. When you say "going over" do you mean "washing the bike?"

I have occasionally found small amounts of water and dirt under my ignition cover. I just clean it out and move on. This area is vented. If a pressure washer hits it just right, it is going to get wet.

I think a total seal in this area would be a mistake.

Y2Z

~SPONSOR~
Apr 6, 2002
ok thanks, i didnt think it would affect it since it was all electronic. and i meant by going over i meant checking making sure everything was fine after a big ride and a wash.

Peer Lovell

Nov 25, 1999
You should remove the cover after every washing anyway. Spray a shot of contact cleaner in there then a shot of WD40.
Condensation will often build up behind the cover even if you don't wash the bike.

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
Would the mag cover really do much? I think the moisture is condensation from the heating and cooling of the area. The mag cover sounds like it might make the situation worse....

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom