BIGFOOT16

Oct 20, 2000
I swear,I must have been living under a rock.I decided to find some new riding places,other than Dyracuse,in Wisconsin.So I typed in Illinois Offroad Trails and came up with several.What I want is trails(singletrack),not mx tracks.Can anyone comment on any of these areas,please?South Fork,Mill Creek Park,Williams Hill Pass,Little Egypt,Coyote ATV Trail Riders.I know there are other areas up by me,but sometimes I like to travel with my camper and make a weekend out of it.

jsned

~SPONSOR~
May 17, 2000
Bigfoot, I have been to William Hill pass, Little Egypt,Mill Creek. These are the ones you listed. All good places to ride not real big basically a few hundred acres of woods, with no real marked trails, so you can basically just go anywhere.

I see you live north of Ottawa IL. That is the place. 3 different parks 5 miles from each other the best is Buffalo Range (the biggest 750-800 acres), second is Fox Valley Offroad (www.megacross.com look for the link) 200 acres with small mx track (easy), Third is 3 Caves riding park. This is right next to Buffalo and what happened (I think) is people use to ride on this spot from Buffalo range even though it is not their property so someone got smart and blocked it off and opened up another park.

Buffalo Range is very technical and very hilly. there is a huge MX track but it is usually as hard as concrete. It is very easy to get lost and also easy not to find all the good spots there. Try to hook up with someone who knows the place and it will be much better.

Think about joining the district 17 Hare Scramble (link at megacross.com) that is the best way to meet people who like singletrack and find out about these places. June 15 (Fathers day) at Fox Valley Offroad there is a Hare Scramble, you can join the AMA ($39) and dist. ($15-20) right on the spot. it is usually a very good race Wardy puts on.

I just thought of something, you might already know about these places. If you want pm me for more info on the ones down south. Later Jeff.

BIGFOOT16

Oct 20, 2000
Thanks Jeff,You're right,I do know about the northern tracks.I used to race MX and Hare Scrambles,back when dinosaurs roamed the earth.Just looking for some new trail riding areas and camping opportunities.
Thanks for your input.

rethnal

~SPONSOR~
Jul 14, 2002
South Fork is great when it's not all mud. I'm gonna see this weekend and try to camp there also. It's river bottoms but lots of fun! :)

AnneBrooks

Jan 17, 2001
Hey Jeff---just as an FYI--3 caves is now closed. Seems that not many people rode there last year and they could not keep it open any longer.

fuzzy

~SPONSOR~
Jul 26, 2002
South fork was sweet this weekend!! Some strong storms had dropped some trees accross the HS course, but the conditions were GREAT!

nuuge

Jun 6, 2003
It's been a couple of years since I lived North of Rockford but I used to ride the snowmobil trails from Roscoe to Beloit, Wi. There is also some decent "wide track" riding on a series of trails beginning in Monroe, Wi. Don't know how far that drive is for you...back in Texas now and ride regularly on a 14,000 acre ranch, come on downm the weather is fine (year round)

SLO-CR125

May 19, 2003
We have heard great things ,and plan to hit it soon.
I just got rid of my 03' CR125 and got a 400EX. I know why a quad:(
anyway...I should be ready in a few weeks

maybe see some of you out there,it would be nice to meet some new people

I am in Elgin,and the lil spots out here are getting tuuf to not get in trouble on lately.

Larry
www.ls1speed.com

BIGFOOT16

Oct 20, 2000
I used to live in Elgin,but moved 20 miles west.Good ol country,but the city is closing in.Where are all these people coming from?

K

kawidude1989

about southfork

Hello BIGFOOT,
I have ridden at Southfork it is alright for the motocross track but the trail are preetty easy.(no hills) But for younger kids it would be an excelent place to learn to ride.

Venom01

Sep 7, 2004
i wanaa know if anyone has any private riding areas in illinois? i have a friend that lets me ride on his 130 acres of farm and trails but its not mine. i know for a fact in like 5 years i am gonna buy some acres just for ridin. i have 3 other guys that are interested in splitting the cost just so they can ride too.

if there are any of you large land owners out there lemme know cause i can get some machines to tear up the land.

R

Razor

southfork dirt riders

BIGFOOT16 said:
I swear,I must have been living under a rock.I decided to find some new riding places,other than Dyracuse,in Wisconsin.So I typed in Illinois Offroad Trails and came up with several.What I want is trails(singletrack),not mx tracks.Can anyone comment on any of these areas,please?South Fork,Mill Creek Park,Williams Hill Pass,Little Egypt,Coyote ATV Trail Riders.I know there are other areas up by me,but sometimes I like to travel with my camper and make a weekend out of it.
the trails really suck the track is only thing they take care of the trails are rutted real bad an trees everywhere its not good in the heat .

Top Bottom