WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
So a couple years ago, when we still lived in NY, we came out to Seattle to visit family. Since our trip coincided with the SX being in town I called up an old college buddy, Steve, who has a son around the same age as my oldest. Not long after that Steve bought his son a dirt bike.

Fast forward to 2010, we move to Seattle and every time Steve stops by he wants to hang out in the garage drooling over my collection of dirt bikes. I could tell he wants one, but his wife's not letting that happen... Then gas spiked to $4/gallon and Steve's wife has a change of heart.

Before she rethinks this we go out and find a bike. Being the good friend that I am, I convince him not to buy a dual sport and get a decent 4-stroke enduro bike that can be converted to street-legal. A few days later he scores a really nice '03 KLX400 (DRZ400) for $2500. Bike has hardly been ridden.

Today I took him for his first "real" trail ride. He didn't have much fun on the rocky single track, but was really digging the fast two-track. When we were done he looked like he'd been beat by a gang of thugs. An hour later he was asking when we're going riding again. Oh, and his wife was ticked off that he was an hour late picking her up from the airport. Yup. I am a bad influence.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Lol, nice! I love my DRZ. Just don't let him start building it up, it's a sickness...... :boss:

Top Bottom