Kx85Krazy

Mar 14, 2008
:bang: so i got an 1982 XL185S Honda. Like an idiot, i tore it apart (took all the lighting, blinkers, odometer/speed-,battery assembley, helmet lock, etc.) trying to lighten it up a bit, and eventualy ride it on the trails, runs great. BUT i forgot to leave the kill switch on it! So now i have a masive mess of wires hanging all over creation on the bike and i need to know where i need to connect the ends of the kill switch wires to make it stop running when i want it to :nod: , any suggestions are appreciated, if anyone can give any websites that may help that would be awesome, or even if it would be in a manual somewhere. would a dealer be able to look up where the wires connect? can i take ALL the wiring out and just run a kill switch wire to where the plug meets and then to a ground?

brentoncole

Feb 17, 2010
there should be a black or black and white wire behind the headlight or some where around the the the handle bars turn your bike on and just touch all the black and white wires to bare metal, also if you lost all the wires just put it in gear and just drag your feet or go up a hill with out throttle, do not drop the clutch!

yes you can take all the wires out but when you find the kill wire follow it back to the stator and just carefully remove all the others along the way that dont lead to the ignition components and keep the kill switch on the bars if i was you i would keep the headlight too it barely weighs anything just get rid of the battery

Top Bottom