I'm back and I need a license plate!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick414

Feb 1, 2002
Hey Ol89'er, et. al. It's been a crazy year or so, and I haven't been around these parts for some time. New job, new house, new road bike, etc. Ended up selling the trusty KX after my friend broke his femur, for those of you that remember that horror. After defecting to the dark (asphalt) side for a while, I'm back!!! Went up to the WORCS race in Taft this last weekend, and it made me realize how much I miss riding off-road. So I'm bike hunting, and seriously thinking about doing a baja designs conversion to a thumper of some sort, since I want a real dirt bike, but with a plate. Looked at the DR-Z400S, and XR650L, but from what I've read, the engines are not as good as their dirty siblings. How about a WRF450 or just a YZF450, etc made street legal? Problem is I can't find a listing of what can, and can't, be converted here in CA. Model years allowed, etc. I am hoping you folks can help provide some info on what I can search for without any nasty surprises later. Carlo, any input? Thanks to any and all info thrown this way. Ride safe, ...N

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Please do not cross post... (means posting the same thing in more than one forum).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom