marcv125

Oct 29, 2001
Hey everyone..I dont know if anyone remembers me but i joined back in oct 2001 and absolutely loved this site..I had a 2000 yz125 and well i kinda left w/o anyone knowing what happened..Well i bought a streetbike and have put on 10,066 miles on my Kawasaki ZX-6R since last july..Ive had a lot of fun on her but you know what ...I miss dirt riding so much, im selling it and will be purchasing a yz250f fairly soon..I do not have a exact date or anyhting yet but i am working alot of hours right to buy a car and a 250f..I miss it..Im coming back !!!! i cannot wait.. You can check out the pics of my 02 kawi and my sadly missed 00 yz125 here http://community.webshots.com/user/marcv125

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
Its funny marcv125 you just can't leave dirtbiking. :) I have tried a couple of times now, and I always come back. I've gone twice now w/o a bike(once after a pretty scary head impact, and once while in college) and miss it soo bad I always come back and get another. I've come to the conclusion that mx/hs/trials(whatever your flavor) dirtbikes are worse(or better depends on your take of it) than any drug out there. Its the most addictive thing I've ever done in my whole life. Nothings better and what better way to have fun with your friends and enjoy life. Its healthy, both from a cardiovascular standpoint and a muscular standpoint, and nothing in the world has yet to give me a bigger rush. Welcome back, good to hear from ya, and GREAT to hear your coming back from the dark side. ;) Let us know when you get your new stead, and until then drool over the pics I'm sure you have at home. :thumb:

trout

~SPONSOR~
Apr 23, 2003
flynbryan, did I meet you on Sunday at TNT?
My family was there with the u-haul and the dogs over by gomer's home on wheels. Anyways, that was me.

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
Indeed I did Trout, and forgive me I don't recall your names(I'm terrible with them. :o ) It was nice meeting ya'll and hopefully next time we can ride a little together. Your wife was riding pretty well as Gomer tells me. ;) She had just started from what I heard?

trout

~SPONSOR~
Apr 23, 2003
This was her first real time out, my daughters too, for me its been a few years. Until Sunday, all she had ever ridden was the xr100 down a dirt road. I blame gomer for putting her on that KX! ;) Now she is looking for an 80/85.
It was good to meet you, I'm sure we'll be out there alot now.

And Gomer...I've never met anyone quite like him. Awesome guy! My whole family loves him.

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
Gomer is indeed an excellent fellow. In the short time that I've known him he routinely goes out of his way to give folks a hand. Top notch Mike, Kudos. :thumb: He is actually the one who got me into the circle of friends I now have. One thing I have noticed in 10yrs. of riding is that mx/trails guys are the nicest group of folks I have ever met, and wouldn't trade a moment of the experience for anything.

trout

~SPONSOR~
Apr 23, 2003
He definately made our first time out much more enjoyable...and...umm...much safer. I also think my brand new bike is broken in pretty good on account of following him when he says..."Wanna try a trail?" I thought we would turn around when the trail turned into a lake, he had a different idea.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Hey, at least I let *you* get it dirty! At a group ride we had in Bremen, GA a couple years ago some guy showed up with a brand new KX250. When he pulled up, before anybody said anything, I grabbed a handfull of mud and threw it on his front fender.

We had a great time Sunday! Trout's wife and daughter rode much better than they should have as beginners. I'm pretty sure there's going to be a whole bunch of embarrassed teenage boys on dirtbikes in a few years.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Nope, you blew that by sandbagging!

You said you were a beginner and then went out and were jumping stuff. Definitely not a beginner..more like a returning rider. When you get back up to speed we'll start in on ya!

marcv125

Oct 29, 2001
Originally posted by flynbryan
Its funny marcv125 you just can't leave dirtbiking. :) I have tried a couple of times now, and I always come back. I've gone twice now w/o a bike(once after a pretty scary head impact, and once while in college) and miss it soo bad I always come back and get another. I've come to the conclusion that mx/hs/trials(whatever your flavor) dirtbikes are worse(or better depends on your take of it) than any drug out there. Its the most addictive thing I've ever done in my whole life. Nothings better and what better way to have fun with your friends and enjoy life. Its healthy, both from a cardiovascular standpoint and a muscular standpoint, and nothing in the world has yet to give me a bigger rush. Welcome back, good to hear from ya, and GREAT to hear your coming back from the dark side. ;) Let us know when you get your new stead, and until then drool over the pics I'm sure you have at home. :thumb:

yea..when i went to street, i at first loved it.. But its just not as fun as i thought it would be ya know..I loved pushing myself on the yz and absolutely loved trails and just challenging myself.... i just went to the dealer today for a trade in value... The highest the'll give me is 4700 ... im going to try to sell it on my own..

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
Originally posted by marcv125
.... i just went to the dealer today for a trade in value... The highest the'll give me is 4700 ... im going to try to sell it on my own..
It really is your best beat. From a trade in stand point you'll just lose your rear. They have to give you such a low figure so that they can sell it and make some good profit off of it. Most bike shops I've been to don't even want to take trade ins. Good luck, Just find your model motorcycle in the paper, and advertise for $100-200 less. It'll sell. I see bikes in the paper here that NEVER sell, because people think they're worth just as much as the day they bought it.....it isn't so. Be prepared to take a loss(its just the way it is) and as long as you don't bend over backwards you should come out fine. :thumb: Again good luck, and let us know when you get your trusty new DIRT stead. ;)

marcv1985

Jun 21, 2003
Originally posted by flynbryan

It really is your best beat. From a trade in stand point you'll just lose your rear. They have to give you such a low figure so that they can sell it and make some good profit off of it. Most bike shops I've been to don't even want to take trade ins. Good luck, Just find your model motorcycle in the paper, and advertise for $100-200 less. It'll sell. I see bikes in the paper here that NEVER sell, because people think they're worth just as much as the day they bought it.....it isn't so. Be prepared to take a loss(its just the way it is) and as long as you don't bend over backwards you should come out fine. :thumb: Again good luck, and let us know when you get your trusty new DIRT stead. ;)

sorry i changed my screen name..but yea thats what i think too..i think i might already have a looker...Please!!!! im gunna start at 6 and see what it goes to..

Top Bottom