KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
Well my life is finally starting to turn back to motocross after finishing a ton of car projects and I have rediscovered DRN.

I still have the same bike as I used to, 2001 KX125 and it is in the middle of a long makeover. Frame was reinforced and powdercoated, engine is being completely rebuilt as well as building a spare stroker engine (see mods and performance), suspension is rebuilt and a ton of other things. I could have gotten a newer bike but I really like this bike and at this point it is personalized to me so I figured what the heck I will just rebuilt it rather than sell it.

I am now in my second semester of engineering school at the University of Michigan. I am having an unbelievable time here, it is really an awesome school, just too cold to ride!!!

Any how, it feels good to be back, looks like things are going well here and I will have to take a bit to explore all the new forums.

P.S. Excuse my ignorance if I start a topic in the wrong place ;) . Its been a while since ive been here lol :confused: .

Yogurt

~SPONSOR~
Dec 25, 1999
Hey man, good to have you back. Sometimes we all take a little time off. I was gone from DRN for almost a year, and found my way back. Either that or I pulled my head outa my :moon:

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Now all we need is MooCow :)

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
Originally posted by yzguy15
Now all we need is MooCow :)

i was thinking the same thing.

welcome back kawi :) well done with your school stuff, always good to see someone putting talent to good use.

now what happened to canadianrider????

Casper250

Motosapien
Dec 12, 2000
The same thing happened with me and taking a break from this site. I started riding streetbikes and though by dirtbiking days were over. After a while, i felt like somthing was missing.....Airtime :laugh:

BTW, where did you get your suspension done?

KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
I rebuild the suspension myself. The bike came with Factory Connection valving and then I won a free Ccycle revalve so that is what it has right now.

Casper250

Motosapien
Dec 12, 2000
How did you like the factory connection valving? I though they would revalve the suspension for a new rider if the bike changes hands? I'm leaning tward them for a revalve in the not so distant future and like that fact that they are at some of the races during the season.

KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
THey will revalve for "free" but you have to pay for a rebuild, I think around 150 an end and they will not do any rebuilds at races unless you are a support rider. THe ccycle certificate was a gratis rebuild for both ends and all I had to pay was about 40 bucks an end for the valving for parts etc. The FC stuff was good, stable etc, but it was setup for a 175 pound expert and I am a 150 pound B class racer so it was stiff. Controlled, but stiff. The ccycle stuff is really good but it does bottom as evidenced by the nice skid marks under the fender.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Is it really you! Welcome back!!

Top Bottom