marcv125

Oct 29, 2001
Well guys i finally got it..My 04 Yz250F...Good god is it a beautiful piece. I cannot wait to break her in on Sunday..Gunna be a nice 52 degrees here... First impression though is that it is a tad more difficult to start, but really no big difficulties coming from my yz125....and the sound...MMMMM i love the 4 stroke sound..Ill have a 2 stroke /4 stroke comparison after sunday....Ill be looking forward to rippin up Thomaston dam/Rocky hill and hopfully Paragon soon... IF you wanna check out some pics.... Click the link.. http://community.webshots.com/album/113268391qlLKPT/1

MayhemInNY

Feb 18, 2004
AWESOME.. I was actually searching for information and saw your posts regarding the WR, then saw this.. Congratts.. Ughh, man, I want a bike so damm bad this wait is killing me.. Hopefully after hitting up some more dealerships this weekend Ill have a bike.. :) Whats the deal with all the yamaha gear? Did they give you some kind of deal on it? Also what were you able to get the bike for? I guess if I could pick up a bike in CT I wouldn't have to pay tax.. =D

marcv125

Oct 29, 2001
MayhemInNY said:
AWESOME.. I was actually searching for information and saw your posts regarding the WR, then saw this.. Congratts.. Ughh, man, I want a bike so damm bad this wait is killing me.. Hopefully after hitting up some more dealerships this weekend Ill have a bike.. :) Whats the deal with all the yamaha gear? Did they give you some kind of deal on it? Also what were you able to get the bike for? I guess if I could pick up a bike in CT I wouldn't have to pay tax.. =D

Hey thanks...I had a choice ..they had an 04 wr and yzf their but i do a lot more mx than woods, and well thats why i choose the yzf. Nope the gear i just picked up at roostin.com great prices...I got the bike for 5500 otd..not to bad...

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
How was the ride Sunday?

I managed to put on about 25 miles of riding on my CRF Sunday. Nice bike, but the supercross suspension doesn't work so great in the rocks ;)

marcv125

Oct 29, 2001
Papakeith said:
How was the ride Sunday?

I managed to put on about 25 miles of riding on my CRF Sunday. Nice bike, but the supercross suspension doesn't work so great in the rocks ;)

You ask ..you shall recieve...

Starting
Compared to the 2 stroke Yz125 it is harder, nothing to complain about, i just have to get used to it. 7/10

Engine !!First off their still is a lot of snow on the ground where i am riding, CT, so i still had to be somewhat careful, but i got her fired up and started off. Right away i could tell the diferance from my yz125. The power off the bottom is alot better compared to the 2 stroke. It picks up so fast, its unbelievable. Although it does stall out easier compared to the 2 stroke. About 1/4 throttle its very smooth and linear power. I could tell there is a ton of power learking up top so i get to about 1/2 throttle, holy hell it just rockets, i wasnt expecting it to hit like that so it surprised me. Then i got to a straight with no snow so i went WOFT. Holy shiat, it just popped right up. I let off the throttle to get her back down and let it scream to its 13,500 rev limiter for a second. Remember this is still break-in so i didnt want to keep it in the high rev range for long. The top end is awsome...I could probably ride in 2nd/3rd gear in a trail or track, thats how useable and wide the powerband is. Coming back from my ride starting off in first i get on it hard. The back end squirling (sp.?) around everywhere 2nd,3rd i am amazed. It is so fast you really cant understand unless you ride it. I am very pleasantly happy with it..I had a smile on my face the whole time. As you can tell i like the engine the best out of the whole package. The only thing i am noticing that when i whack it WOT from a very slow pace, and i mean slow, just crawling and it bogs down just a little for about .5 of a second, but it is noticeable. Im not sure if its jetting or after break in it will fix itself, i am going to wait and see... Def a 10/10 . You say no engine should recieve a 10/10 well to me coming from a 2stroke it is.

Handeling
Compared to the 2 stroke the weight of the 250f seems to be a little higher. Really thouhg it is not noticeable. It turns very quick, with a lot of feel from the front end. Really couldnt ask for more.

Brakes
Very nice. I wouldnt be able to tell a differance if they were any better than my 2 stroke. Their brakes. They work good. 8/10

Suspension
I hear ya about it being a little too stiff for the rocks here in the east but the forks and shock are breaking in also ya know..It will loosen up over time...I was used to the hard suspension like on my yz125 so really i just have to get used to it again..It does feel very plush though.. The motor lets the suspension work easy it seems like.. Overall i give it a 8/10..It will get better i think over time especially because im within the weight... 140 :)

Overall impression. HAHA do i need to say anything ???
If i missed anythign anyone would like to know, just ask...

Top Bottom