I'm Bi ....and couldn't be happier

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Yep, I just picked up my bike from baja design and what a good looking DS kit, I had them do it complete and they did a real clean job of routing wires and installing the kit. :thumb: :thumb:

I was so jazzed, took it for a short ride around town and it was just to cool, then I remembered that I still need to get it plated, so I won't be doing that again, hehehe. too fun

Welp that was it.......and you thought I was coming out of the closet announcing that I could speak two languages :laugh:

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
Glad to see someone else with a warped sense of humour - I was going to use a similar topic line when I got my TTR, but I meant I was going both 2 & 4 stroke ;)

I can almost speak 3 languages - Kiwi, American & Dutch - unfortunately I'm not fluent in any :(

Have fun with your DS bike :)

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
I'm thinking about the same thing (dual sporting, that is), but can't make up my mind which bike I should get. The 525 EXC would be the best for me, but that's a lot of cash for a plaything. But I have only until Dec 31 to to make up my mind. :confused:

Good that you've actually done it. :thumb:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Originally posted by JPIVEY
and you thought I was coming out of the closet

:scream: YIKES! Ya really had me goin' there JP.

I'll bet elk got all excited when he read your title. :laugh:

Congrats on the DS kit. A little inside information to anyone in Kalifornia thinking about bi-sporting their bike. DO IT NOW!!!!!

DMV and their Nazzi offspring C.A.R.B. has decided that after a cut off date there will be NO MORE DIRTBIKES DUAL-SPORTED. Although, all dirtbikes that are currently registered for dual-sport will be grandfathered in.

Just thought ya all might want to know that.

Looks like we're gonna have to put a local dual-sport ride together.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Anybody know whether an out-of-state '04 525 exc would be green sticker (and also dual sportable if purchased before Dec 31, 04)?

JPIVEY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Ron, as long as it's a green sticker and shows a purchase date prior to 1/1/04 it can be Bi-sported, also, the paper work need to be started prior to 2/1/04.

get it done soon, Baja D is going to get buried as the deadline gets closer.

Terry, I'm looking forward to one of your DS rides :aj: :yeehaw:

JPIVEY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Well I'm legal, got my plate today and it was very easy, didn't have to show anything but the paperwork I got from Baja D, the only drawback was the wait 2-1/2 hrs.

I even got a M1 added to my DL, something I have never done in 35yrs, but then I never got caught.

:yeehaw: :yeehaw: :yeehaw:

Top Bottom