Im building a dirt bike track can you help

Dubchick

Apr 21, 2008
:bang: Hi we are building a dirt bike track and we have the basic stuff but measurments are kicking our ass? can anyone help? like the spacing of the jumps and corners and that kind of stuff, i know i need durt and space and i have all that and all the tractors but dont have a clue on the measurments.......

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
If you haven't ridden enough different tracks to know what you like/don't like and what works/doesn't work, I would suggest finding a good, local rider who would be willing to help you with the layout.

There is a lot to consider beyond just jump sizes. Drainage, aligning the jumps to keep the evening sun out of your eyes, and proper buffers to keep an accident on one section to end up in traffic of another section are just a couple of them.

Where are you?

Dubchick

Apr 21, 2008
i have a ranch in new mexico, and me, my husband, and our girls all ride. we want to build a track have all the means but just wanted to know was there a place i can find out how far to space the jumps and ruts and corners. so if i answered yes to all that you said now does anyone know measurments or how i can find them online?

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Dubchick said:
i have a ranch in new mexico, and me, my husband, and our girls all ride. we want to build a track have all the means but just wanted to know was there a place i can find out how far to space the jumps and ruts and corners. so if i answered yes to all that you said now does anyone know measurments or how i can find them online?

Check out the dirtwurx site.. They have some useful info

medwaste

Dec 1, 2006
Did you finish your track? Mine's an ongoing project. I started out with a shovel and wheelbarrel and used the dirtwurx site for info. At least you've got some good equipment. When I was first learning to ride, I liked the step-up jumps. This year's problem for me is dust. What's the soil like out West?

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom