Uchytil

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 29, 2003
Don't know why but I've always been convinced that I was ageless. I'm headed out east to give away my little girl - she's gonna marry a lawyer. I've only, actually, met two other DNR people in all these years (MXgirl & Phil) but it seems like this has been the best place to go daily and read some of the antics of fellow dirtbikers (esp Rich) whom I can relate to (in my small and uneducated way). I started with this site in 2001 as another name and changed to Ucytil when I upgraded to life member. What a ride it's been. I drug my kids around the country during my 30 year military stint, taught them to ride and live, and now at 29 she is not going to my little girl anymore. It hit me hard today while I eeked out a Father of the Bride speech and toast. When I get back to Michigan and log in I feel that I will be feeling a tad bit "longer in the tooth". I hope all of you fathers out there the best of luck when your time comes to give her away. Hopefully my sons (one of which race MX) will keep a semblance of youth in my step even though they are both 25. I'll be dreaming of my Maicos and the future of running them in the over 50 class. Forgive the ramblings. Carry on.

Red 250

Mar 31, 2008
Good Luck Uchytil I can relate even though my daughter is only 17 Ill be crossing that bridge someday as well. I am not looking forward to that day. Even though I know my little girl will someday head down the road to independence. I hope that your daughter will appreciate everything you have done for her in her life. I'm sure that all things shall pass and that you will look at this time later with great satisfaction and joy. Again good luck and enjoy this time with your little girl. She will always be a huge part of your life.. Don't be sad, just think of how excited she is to start a new chapter in her life. And how proud you will be of her on that special day.............................Red

fatcat216

"Don't Worry Sister"
~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2007
Heck with feeling sad that your baby is growing up, I think there are bigger issues here.... (although a lawyer??? You're letting her marry a LAWYER??? What kind of father are you???) :p

What troubles ME about your post is that you live in Michigan which has to have the highest per capita DRN membership,the most outgoing group of riders, the most public rides and you've only met two other DRN members in the last 7 years??? What's the matter with you??? :nener: (jk!)

If my baby gets married at 29 they'll be wheeling me out of the nursing home to attend, so, well, at least you still recognize her and they aren't wiping the drool off your chin. :whoa: There is always an upside! ;)

Seriously Uchytil-a hearty congrats. I'm been a bit of wreck just knowing our family isn't going to be the same after this year. But it is really about New Beginnings....Totally way cool. :cool:

You'll have to post some wedding photos for us.

RYDMOTO

~SPONSOR~
Feb 16, 2001
You raised your little flower and cherished her until she blossomed into a beautiful woman.
Now the man who raised her is giving her to another man to take her as his wife.It is a scary thing as you relinquish your role as the primary man in her life.Sadness and grieving that loss is certainly the norm to become what your new role will unfold into.One thing for sure you will always be DADDY. (Here is a Rumi poem that might speak to you.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sa07vKCwWPA

Top Bottom