I'm going on a riding trip...anyone wanna go?

SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
I think everyone knows I'm gonna be a dad. So, I've decided to celebrate my last moments not being responsible for another human, by going on a riding trip to this place.

http://www.highlandparkresort.com

check it out...looks FUN! All single track and a VERY fun looking MX track. An on-site KTM shop....in which you can rent any KTM of your choice. I could use a tag along. CAbins start at $54 a night and sleep up to 4 adults. Gonna leave on a friday morning and come back on a Monday morning. I'm driving and going either way....and I'd rather not go alone. anyone wanna go? Just thought I'd offer up a free ride and half of the cabin cost.hahahaha :coocoo:

There's three cabins all next to each other if several are interested. I need a fun guys weekend before I spend a year doing nothing but sleeping when I can, working, feeding my daughter and changing her diapers!hahaha :yikes:

SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
I'm thinking I'm gonna rent a KTM one day...and maybe a Husaberg the next. Just for fun.....partly because I wanna buy myself a KTM

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Tell Paul Wright Ivan said "hi."

Paul is a GREAT dude and the proprietor.

I rode HP a few weeks ago and it is AWESOME!

I am pretty busy so I doubt I can make it (it is a 4 hour drive from Nashville) but I have a few friends in Atlanta who like to go on a regular basis.

E-mail me at ivan AT liechty DOT us when you plan to go and I will see if anyone I know is going.

Ivan

SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
will do Ivan! I appreciate it bro! If all else fails maybe some folks you know would let me buddy up with em!hahaha. My three band members live in Nashville, and our singer grew up riding. I'm trying to talk him into going, then I can pick him up on the way through. Renting a bike aint cheap for him tho.hahaha

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
The guys I know are great... all are Gomer-light in attitude :)

Renting a bike ain't cheap for anyone!

If at all possible I will try to make it but the stars will have to line up right so once you pick a date let me know. July 10th and July 17th I know are out for sure.

Ivan

SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
yeah. I have to be careful how late in July I go because of the baby being due in the first week of august. I'd piss off the wife if i went july 4th wekend.hahaha. I'd also tick her off if I went during the baby's first few months as well!hahaha

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
Good luck! This sounds like a blast. I made the mistake of taking my 8-month pregnant wife out in our small ski boat on 4th of July weekend four weeks before my son was born. Learn from me: a small boat on a lake filled with thousands of bigger boats making huge wakes is NOT the place to take a very pregnant woman !! Lawn chair watching fireworks is much better late-term activity !

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
10~12 hour trip for me is undoable at present. Less I find a money tree. That track is an hour or so past my in-laws! Boy is she gonna be pissed next time I go to Flat Rock. Have fun, keep the updates, and plenty of pics. Vintage Bob

SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
Well...she said she'd rather me go when it's cooler in Georgia. Told her she's not allowed to complain when I head out and the baby is a month or two old. SOOOO, I'm shooting for september or october if anyone gets interested. anybody know when wet season starts in Georgia?hahahaha.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
SVTMc-G said:
Well...she said she'd rather me go when it's cooler in Georgia.

It's a trap!

Go now!

When September comes, your wife will rip your head off for even suggesting a 4 day riding trip while she's home alone with newborn 24/7. She'll tell you if you've got 4 free days, you can stay home alone with the baby while she goes visits her mom/sister/friend/fill in the blank.

Don't say I didn't warn you, lol.

SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
You mean places to ride near where I live? I've got several I go to. Just wanna take in a roadtrip. And their track look BADASS!hahaha. I live in Evansville, IN. 3 hours south of Indianapolis.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Don't go to HP for the track. It is a great track when groomed and the moisture is right but in the middle of the summer it may be a bit dusty.

At least call or e-mail Paul before hand.

Another location to consider is Durhamtown Plantation. It is farther east and has a few mx tracks but they are all very hard pack and mostly blue groove.

I like HP's trails A LOT more than DP but DP has a good collection of trails as well.

Ivan

SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
Also, I'll be picking out a new KTM after summer and I wanna ride a few first, which I CAN do at the place in Georgia!haha

Yeah, definately gonna be fall for HP. Their trails look FUN!

Top Bottom