firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Just one more plug for my new bike! After the abuse I put it through this weekend—

http://dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?threadid=12956

–I am more impressed than ever with the toughness of the bike. Despite the bent subframe, which I’m told is a common thing to do, the bike really did not suffer much damage compared to what I put it through! Two little gouges out of the seat, lots of scratches in the plastic, and I knocked the bar mounts loose. The bar mounts were one of the few things we did not re-tighten after break-in and since I ended up moving them back anyway, that was no big deal.

But the bars aren’t bent, the levers and perches are still in one piece and the same shape they started out in, the wheel isn’t crooked, and nothing is actually broken.

I guess you really do get what you pay for! I’d have been carting my XR out in a wheelbarrow if I’d tried it on that!

Last edited:

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Try it now.

It wasn't spectacular, it was frustrating, painful, expensive, miserable and embarrassing. Oh well, live and learn.

ultrachrome

Oct 25, 1999
it worked.

Yeah, I am going to be facing the same problem of learning a whole new bike. My first race on the GG will be next weekend at Reiter. If I am lucky I will get to ride it for the first time on Saturday.

I raced the Main Jet hare scramble this weekend in Coalmont, BC. It kicked my butt. The long descents straight down were very intimidating and I burned out quickly. I kept locking the front wheel and falling over. The altitude loss on one descent was so great, my ears popped twice! By the time I got used to the descents I had no energy left.

I was very disappointed with my performance. I have been riding a lot lately and my riding buddies have remarked how fast I have gotten. I didn't expect to burn out so quickly. But I actually didn't do so bad, 16th out of 38.

That KTM is so different than your XR with a lot more power. How many times did you loop your XR?

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Loop the XR? Uuuhhhhh, like once. The throttle got stuck and I was in 1st gear going uphill.

I know how you feel about expecting to do better--though I wasn't exactly AA class to begin with.

You're going to the Jackhammer? Steve and I might be there. We'll see. There's a women's trail riding class in Cle Elum on Saturday.

Which GasGas did you get? I rode a EC 200 in Reno--very cool.

ultrachrome

Oct 25, 1999
I bought the XC. I am almost embarrassed to say that the only seat time I have had on a Gas Gas was 5 minutes on an XC250 I in a dealer's parking lot. So I am "quite" anxious to ride it.

We are going to get to Reiter early Saturday to ride and camp there that night. We should be easy to find. I "should" have my yellow GG and my friend has an 300 E/XC with "5" on his number plates.

Top Bottom