Im moving to Oregon from Las Vegas

osheen

Feb 27, 2000
Your in luck. On Tuesdays there is practice at Mt.view cycle park in Sandy. (East side of Portland). Wednesdays is Albany (about an hour and a half drive south of Portland). Thursdays they have races at Portland International raceway. These all run from spring to fall. In the winter there are two arenacross tracks that have practices as well. Lots of riding going on up here.......... Stop in to a shop when you get here and they should have schedules and such to get you hooked up.

:)

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
There's plenty of dunes too--eastern WA isn't that far, and Florence is supposed to be pretty cool. We're planning a trip there soon but I messed up my knee so I don't know if I can go. I will probably go anyway but have to be careful. At least sand doesn't hurt as bad if you fall, I hear. We'll probably go sometime in Sept or Oct.

And lots and lots and lots of trails! If you don't ride trails you should. ;)

There's a series of winter races at Woodland too, which isn't that far from you. I'll probably do some of those if I'm better in time. Motorsports News is a local bike mag that has some race coverage and schedules in it as well as an occasional places to ride article--it's free in the dealers. I write for it sometimes. :)

Welcome to the NW.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Not too often. Here are the next 3 practices.

August 22nd Wednesday
Sept. 19th Wednesday
October 20th & 21st (Sat. & Sun.)

Upcoming AMA district 27 races:
September 9th
September 23rd
**October 7th

Ward Creek, a little further north, and Woodland are also good. Everybody I've spoken to, even the off-road guys, like Ward Creek. They have a website but I can't find the URL.

Do you ride trails at all?

Top Bottom