Status
Not open for further replies.

PhaTDiRt

Sep 27, 2003
Hey im new, I dont ride anything yet but I plan to soon. Im trying to see if my parents would let me get a dirtbike because I am planning on doing good in school this year. Well, you may be thinking that "Duh, your supposed to do good in school, all the time" Well not for me all the time.

Well, Hey

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
Welcom to DRN, and don't worry about not having a bike. Yet... :p

PhaTDiRt

Sep 27, 2003
OO, I feel so loved. Yeah, I talked to my dad about it today and he's like "you change from things you want, from day to day." How about no, lol I have wanted a dirtbike since my cousin first got one. Now I really want to race, and I haven't even driven one yet.

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
Welcome. You sure picked a slow week to join as a lot of us will be at DW03.

All I can say about getting your parents to take you serious about getting a bike is show some initiative and earn your parents trust. Make a deal and offerto pay for part of it if they pay for the rest. If you are will to work to get it and spend your hard earned money on it then they will see that you are serious about riding. Maybe even maybe even take a small engine repair class at school as an elective to help learn to work on it.

Good luck and I hope you learn a lot from this site. I know that I sure have.

PhaTDiRt

Sep 27, 2003
Yeah, I have been reading a lot of stuff about Dirtweek, even though I dont have a bike it would still be fun just to go and watch and hang around. Learn some stuff too.

Yeah, I pretty much told my parents that if I payed half maybe they could help me. I also have yet to get a b-day present from them, and I will be recieving confirmation this year so I definantley will be able to pay for the bike alone with the money alone. Although I dont know if I would want to wait that long though. Although, If I have to wait for something I want it would be well worth it when the time finally comes..

I still dont know what bike that I should get, I have a basic idea in my head. Probably a 125 but I dont know what make I should get (ex.Yamaha, Honda)

Well thanks for your replies, do you have AIM?

rybo3

Jun 13, 2002
you haven't addressed the issue of how you are going to do better in school. that might be a good place to start.

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
how about working to prove to your dad you are willing and responsible for a bike? You may just get him into it if you do it right, that's what happened to me & my son.

You catch more flies with honey, son.

jaction125

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2003
You most certainly need to get your grades up and keep em there if you want this to work. Once you get a bike you will still need help getting it somewhere to ride it, gate fees, gas, gear , repairs, etc, etc. Having good grades just makes you look responsible IMHO anyway. Bad grades will keep you out of college too, but hey, the world needs burger flippers too.

Do you want fries with that? ;)

Last edited:

jaction125

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2003
You most certainly need to get your grades up and keep em there if you want this to work. Once you get a bike you will still need help getting it somewhere to ride it, gate fees, gas, gear , repairs, etc, etc. Having good grades just makes you look responsible IMHO anyway. Bad grades will keep you out of college too, but hey, the world needs burger flippers too.

Repeat after me--

PhaTDiRt

Sep 27, 2003
Originally posted by jaction125

Repeat after me--

Well umm, thanks for saying im going to work at Mcdonalds.. ;)

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Hey welcome to DRN :) Good luck on convincing your folks on the dirtbike. These guys have some good advise...use it.

Where in upstate NY are you? Anywhere near Binghamton?

jaction125

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2003
Hopefully you're not mad at me Phatdirt, it wasn't my intention to flame ya :p
I'm speaking from experience about not doing well in school, I didn't and have to wash my hands every day, not that it's all bad, I like my job. It did take me a several years to get to a point where I didn't have my name on my shirt though!

Besides, when you do get a little older, it's easier to go out and get the toys you wanna play with if ya got a few bucks in your pocket.

pyrofreak

Apr 9, 2003
Yeah, Where are you in upstate New York? Theres not too many people that ride around me. It would be nice to know a few. You mentioned something about AIM? What is your screen name?

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Originally posted by pyrofreak
Yeah, Where are you in upstate New York? Theres not too many people that ride around me. It would be nice to know a few. You mentioned something about AIM? What is your screen name?
I'm in Binghamton. Sorry but I don't use AIM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom