Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
I had an experience today that ticked me off. I headed up to race at a track today that I go to every once in a while but I'm not what I'd consider a regular there. Turn out was kind of light which was nice, didn't have to wait around all day waiting for my moto's. Anyway, 1st practice comes up and I practice a few starts while waiting for my time. There were a few others doing the same and no one was in anyone elses way. It was time to hit the track and I was probably the 3rd or 4th one out. With no one else around me I rounded a turn to see another rider waiting for me to pass before he pulled out. Just as I made it to the next single with a turn right after, that feller that just pulled out passes me and cuts me off. It wouldn't have made me mad except he had about 20 ft yet he comes close enough to hit me as he passes. I let it go untill he did it again. In another section of the track he again came from out of nowhere and bumped me just enough to push me over a berm, mind you there was still no one else around. This time I got on his back tire and followed close enough that if he bobbled, he was going down. As I was about to take an inside to give him a dose of his own medicine, he puled off the track and I kept going. I had just about forgotten about the incident untill about 2 laps later when he did it again but this time he immediately exited the track and dissapeared. I stopped and asked a group of people where he had pulled off earlier and asked if they knew who he was, they didn't. I later saw him at his truck, looked to be about 16 or 17 so I let it go but I did tell the other 6 or 7 people I was with to take him out if they got the chance. :debil:

I can see a block pass or an unintentional bump during a race but damn, this was practice! I saw him in his race, 125 intermediate. I would have thought that someone with enough talent to ride intermediate would no how to safely pass in practice. I just keep telling myself, "what comes around goes around. :thumb:

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Just stay healthy Jeff !

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by Jeff Gilbert
I rounded a turn to see another rider waiting for me to pass before he pulled out. Just as I made it to the next single with a turn right after, that feller that just pulled out passes me and cuts me off. It wouldn't have made me mad except he had about 20 ft yet he comes close enough to hit me as he passes. I let it go untill he did it again. In another section of the track he again came from out of nowhere and bumped me just enough to push me over a berm, mind you there was still no one else around.

those pee wee riders are vicious. :debil:

HobRoff

Sep 10, 2003
Hey Jeff, your post reminded me of an article that got me into the International Oldtimers, took me awhile to remember where I had stashed it but found it, you should appreciate it http://www.off-road.com/dirtbike/feb2000/of/ copy and paste

Top Bottom