JD_MXRacer

Nov 27, 2006
Yesterday i had a bad crash in practice. A guy hit me in the air and I fell. He and his big 450f landed on top of me and we both slid down the rest of the hill.

I have a bruised hip joint or bone or whatever the doc called it, a cracked tailbone, and I broke my helmet. His tire landed right on my helmet and shoulder

150rguy

I got fat bars!
Dec 21, 2006
Sorry dude. any idea how long you'll be out?

mox69

Mar 26, 2007
I always wondered how often this happened.

If you take a jump at a slow speed and some faster rider comes up behind you and goes for it full speed, it could get kinda ugly.

When I come up behind slow people I resist the urge to jump farther than them, I just take the jump slow and pass them later on. If I know there is a faster rider behind me, I purposely take the jump on the extreme left or right, so he has plenty of room to pass me no matter what.

JD_MXRacer

Nov 27, 2006
i had all my protective gear on. he was faster than me, he was going a little faster and i hit a rut on the takeoff that sent my rearend sideways. he knocked my bike right out from under me and then squashed me!

my hip is feeling pretty good, as for my tailbone it hurts to sit, bend, walk, and go to the bathroom. just about any movement hurts it.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
JD_MXRacer said:
and I broke my helmet. His tire landed right on my helmet and shoulder
Thats what puzzles me when people ride without helmets, it could have been a lot worse. Get well soon.

JD_MXRacer

Nov 27, 2006
HubertGarfunkleIII said:
you had on a chest protector? knee brace? neck brace?

i had helmet, chest protector, neck brace, and boots. no kidney belt or knee brace though

150rguy

I got fat bars!
Dec 21, 2006
he raced this weekend.

JD_MXRacer

Nov 27, 2006
yup i did. im back to racing but it comes at a price. after the day is over on the way home i have to practically lay down because my tailbone is so sore and just leaning over still hurts it

Top Bottom