Firemedic530

Nov 12, 2000
You guys/gals will have to be careful and drink some adult beverages for me. I wrecked on June 28 @ a fire&police benefit race and broke my right fibula. I had a titanium plate and 6 screws installed on July 8. I was healing well and even made it back to work @ the firehouse on August 6. I rode the bike on my own track and it felt good on August 11. I even jumped the 75' jump that circulated the thumper pages years ago :yeehaw: Unfortunately on August 13th I was admitted to the hospital for an infection in the incision and stayed until the 16th. Now I am not able to ride or return to work for at least a month to ensure that I don't have to have another surgery done. I had to cancel my Crested Butte trip next weekend and now I have to cancel Dirtweek. I have unfortunately used up all my sickleave and am now burning vacation time. That is why I can't come just Hang out :whiner:
So you guys be careful this year and I am already making plans for next year. Tim :moon: :moon:

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Dude, that sucks!! who's going to check out 'Swift after he goes over the bars? Who's going to come out and lap the entire field, not once, but twice, in the nightime poker run? Heal fast. We'll see you at the next one.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Man, take care. We'll miss ya.

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
excuses excuses, now I've heard them all. :p

Take care of yourself & we'll meet you next year :aj:

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by Firemedic530
I have unfortunately used up all my sickleave and am now burning vacation time.

believe me, i know how you feel. i whine about about it several times a week (read my posts). :(

i don't recall anyone that i know having plate and screws for a fibula break. what did you do to it?

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I can't crash now!:scream: I'm still injured myself so I completely understand. I'll save a spot by the Bombfire for you, ;). Take care of yourself.

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Sorry to hear about that Tim. :| Heal up quick!

Who am I going to follow in the night time poker run this year? :silly:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Originally posted by BigLou
Ditto. We'll miss ya Tim.
PS: What the heck do I do for coffee in the morning now? :whiner:

Lew, come see me man. I always have a fresh pot going in the morning.

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
Originally posted by CAL
Sorry to hear about that Tim. :| Heal up quick!

Who am I going to follow in the night time poker run this year? :silly:

I am sorry too Tim, I wish all the members could make it. Cal, if you need someone to follow, I gues we can tandem the Night time poker run and try to pull each other through the darkness.

Firemedic530

Nov 12, 2000
Lou, I don't think there will be anyway to make it this year. I talked to the Dr today and will probably be going in to be cut on again in the next few days because the infection isn't clearing up. He thinks that we now need to remove the hardware :( I broke the fibula (outside bone) 1 inch above the ankle with 2mm separation and 2mm dislocation. We chose surgery to speed up the healing and get me back to work sooner. I made it back in 4 weeks, then the infection problems started. I will put in a complete ride/race report when I feel up to it....... Tim

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
one less yellow bike to get roosted by. ;) Heal up quick Firemedic, I don't think Elk will be doing justice in representing 'Zuki... Besides, who is gonna pick him and Twin off the two bike pileup?

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by Firemedic530
Unfortunately on August 13th I was admitted to the hospital for an infection in the incision and stayed until the 16th.

remind me not to read any more of your medical posts. :eek:

four days after i replied to your post, i was admitted back into the hospital because of an infection in my incision. i just got out about two hours ago. they wanted to keep me another day but i told them i had to get back to work that i was out of time. the doc thought i had been off work this whole time. i didn't tell him that i went back to work the day after surgery (july 29).

yeah, i'm on drn already. i was having withdrawals.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom