SamanthaB

Apr 28, 2007
Hi, my name's Samantha. (duh!)

I registered because I want to learn more about motorcycles and motocross... as of now, I know about 2 things about motorcycles.
1. Jeremy Mcgrath
2. Ricky Carmichael
But my best friend is really into it - him and his brother even rode cross country on their dirtbikes, making a documentary - (he has FIVE motorcycles!) and he just started getting me into it too. We went on a 100 mile ride last sunday and it was REDICULOUSLY fun. I didn't do anything other than hang on to him, but maybe someday...

But seriously. I'm so ignorant, his friend had a 600 F bike and I asked why it said "GOOF" on the bike. :bang:
So hopefully you can teach me a thing or two, and surprise him!

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Welcome.. And just a piece of advice, keep your fingers and toes away from Pred. Bad things can happen if you stand too close. ;)

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Welcome to DRN Samantha (that's my name too!!!!). Where are you located? What type of riding are you interested in learning about?

SamanthaB

Apr 28, 2007
IndyYZ85 said:
Welcome.. And just a piece of advice, keep your fingers and toes away from Pred. Bad things can happen if you stand too close. ;)
Pred?

95xr250 said:
you should get your own bike and start ridin.
I have epilepsy, so I can't get a liscence unless I don't have a seizure for a year.
squeaky said:
Welcome to DRN Samantha (that's my name too!!!!). Where are you located? What type of riding are you interested in learning about?
I live in st louis, missouri. And I'm interested in dirtbike riding, and motocross. Right now I've been using wikipedia to try and figure out the engine stuff. It seemed like a good place to start. 2 stroke vs 4 stroke, and the different cc's. I don't really get it because I have like no points of reference, but I figure I'll keep reading and hopefully things will start to make sense.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
SamanthaB said:
Pred?

I have epilepsy, so I can't get a liscence unless I don't have a seizure for a year.

XRPredator.. He's one of the mods here.. He's a cut up. Really nice guy though. Takes way more crap than he gives out.

You don't need a license to ride a dirtbike..

SamanthaB

Apr 28, 2007
So I've been browsing around the internet and there's so much to learn that I don't even know where to start! Does anyone know where I can find resources for absolute beginners?

olderndirtmom

Apr 28, 2007
As to what kind of dirtbike to buy- There's a really good resource right on this forum that walks you thru the power versus weight issue (and 2 stroke versus 4)

http://dirtrider.net/Bikes_for_Gals.pdf

As to learning skills- There are dirtbike safety training schools offered all over the country. I took my 10 year old to one last summer. I didn't get her a bike yet, but I got myself one! Me first in this house. Ha.

-There are also all sorts of mx schools popping up everywhere once you get a bike.

Mechanical stuff to learn- You are already giving yourself a good learning foundation just by the reading you've done. Way ahead of me before I had already made up my mind to buy a bike.

On-line there are resources you can purchase for motorcycle maintenance... But, those require tools, tools, tools, and a garage!

Start shopping for bikes, and talk to salespeople. Ask questions. Keep reading this forum. Check out the vocabulary section. If you can afford to, buy some dvd's on the subject.

Heck x-games was on for 12 years before I suddenly woke up and took an interest. It's all out there for the plucking. Enjoy! Enjoy!

Last edited:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
IndyYZ85 said:
XRPredator.. He's one of the mods here.. He's a cut up. Really nice guy though. Takes way more crap than he gives out.
I didn't cut nothin', 'cept maybe the cheese . . . :whoa:

welcome to the pleasuredome, Samantha!

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Welcome Samantha! :) It's actually Loubre you should be looking out for. He's also known as Louise, Lou-Finger, Lou'rd of the Dance, and, Big Lou. He has cheese at home.

ryansck

May 1, 2007
>>???

SamanthaB said:
So I've been browsing around the internet and there's so much to learn that I don't even know where to start! Does anyone know where I can find resources for absolute beginners?
You can drive a off road bike without a liscence- no problem..
even here in ut

Top Bottom