Impending buy - Feedback needed, please

mandark1967

Mar 12, 2007
I have been combing through the various places looking for a Dual Sport. (they are as rare as a chicken's tooth around Memphis right now)

I finally located a 2007 Kawasaki KLX-250 with about 1350 miles on it and am ready to do the deal, but I need some feedback on it before I hand over a stack of 100s for it

Here's the owner's description:

2007 Kawasaki KLX250S Dual Sport motorcycle. This bike still has the factory warranty good until January 19,2009. It has all of the power modifications already done to it including: Factory KLX300 cylinder & piston (Dealer Installed), K&N air filter, carb re-jet, Two Brothers high performance M7 slip-on exhaust with a P4 tip, crankcase airbox mod and pollution hose removal. This bike runs way better than in stock form.Seat height is 33+1/2". Tires are the stock Dunlop 603s and have plenty of tread left. Comes with original owners manual and toolkit pouch with tools. This bike has never been offroad and has been used for commuting to my workplace only on a two lane road.

Note: Vehicle title is held by my bank and will be provided to buyer after I receive it from them, appx. two weeks.

It's fleabay item 280278013727 to be exact if you want to see pictures of it.

In email, the seller states he can provide all the paperwork for the bike and provide a Bill of Sale to use while he is getting the title and sending it to me.

What would you do? Would you do the sale tomorrow (Sunday) or try to work out a time to go over there to the bank he financed it through and pay it off directly?

m4i2k2e2

Oct 8, 2007
if the bank is in a some what close distance to your house, id say do that. ask if he will go because he need him so. then you dont have to worry.
-mike.

bwood

Mar 21, 2004
I would double check the warr statment. Kawasaki is going to warr a stock KLX250. Dealer installed options or not, anything that was installed on the bike not OEM to that bike generally would not be covered, and any damage that these parts may cause to other parts probably would not be covered. The only place you might be able to fight this would be the dealer and I bet that they would fight it hard as you would be the second owner and repairs would more than likely come from their pocket. This has been my experence with most warr from cars to bikes. What is the cost of this bike compared to a brand new one? It looks like its up to $3500, are you paying cash? If you are planning on financing some way, buy a new something KLX/DRZ/XT/WR250R. Yeah the price might be a little higher, but you will know the complete history of the bike, not just what the guy wants to tell you, you KNOW for sure the warr will be good and your monthly payment wouldn't be too much higher.

m4i2k2e2

Oct 8, 2007
yes, i thought about that when i was reading his original post. you will have to find out all about that. how much do you plan on spending?

Top Bottom