IMPORTANT need opinion on new bikes.

atticus9

Mar 15, 2007
I just sold my 230, im buying a new bike this weekend, i really dont no the big deal between the 125 2 stroke and the 250 4 stroke and im buying one used, and there seemed to be only the 250's. theres a 2003 yz250F it has been raced but it has been completely rebuilt with no hours, it has alot of after market parts, but i was just wondering if its worth getting this or this 2004 YZ250F that has no hours on it, and is almost new, i was hoping you guys could help me out to pick the perfect bike, or if its worth trying to find a 125 that would suite me, thanks.

atticus9

Mar 15, 2007
1) your physical size (both height and weight are important) 140 lbs 6ft
2) How physical / aggressive are you ? Very aggressive
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ????? mostly trails, probably getting into racing in a year or so hill climbs ect..
4) Do you have any riding experience? 1 year on TTR- 230
5) Do you think you will race ? Probably
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work? Yes, help from my dad
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)? 2 stroke 125 or 250 4 stroke
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry? All brands
9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike? 4000 used
10) Do you live in California? No
11) Your age? 15... 16 in 5 days
12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion? Just need to know if its worth getting the 250F or to take the time to find a 125, thanks.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom